Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New BMW 7 series UGLY!

• 04-06-2009 1:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭

Just saw my first one one road, I give up on BMW, it's such a mess, those gaping holes in the front, the ugly front valance and headlights that look grafted on from another car , the back is just Japanese bland. I remember the guff from BMW that proceeded it's launch about a return to beautiful styling after the last 7, yeah right.

2009-bmw-7-series-big.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Personally I would take the E38 over any of them! The new model is definitely sexier than the E65 IM too!

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

Have to agree Stevie, I seen one a few weeks ago in the city centre, they really are fierce bland from a styling perspective. . .perhaps it might grow on ya though?

I wouldnt give up just yet - I like the new Z4!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

The idea was to throw out the old controversial styling and bring in a new, understated, classier look. Understated certainly, and the interior is certainly classy, but the exterior styling certainly is quite boring. I wouldn't call it ugly though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

I do tend to react this way to all new BMW's it must be said, I loathed the E60 at first and it really grew on me. I'm not convinced this 7 will do the same, but I do agree the interior is a big step forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭nads

Fail. Don't post unless you've got a link or in-thread pic of it

• Advertisement

nads wrote: »
    Fail. Don't post unless you've got a link or in-thread pic of it

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

It loks a good bit better in Alpina form:
    ALPINA_B7_BiTurbo_gal_01.jpg

The most thing I dont like is the design of the grill, its the same on the 1 series. I dont know why they have it sticking out so much. The grill on both the e46 and e90/92 3 series are much better designed.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/72/2005_BMW_330Ci_ZHP_Silver.jpg/800px-2005_BMW_330Ci_ZHP_Silver.jpg

http://www.cecwheels.com/images/medialibrary/acs_3series_typevi_front34.gif

I agree with the points above, having seen footage and photos of the interior, and the technology used, it undoubtedly is years ahead of everything else (though if I had to choose one 'top of the range' models, it would be an Audi S8 everytime).

It does look menacing in its Alpina form though - definitely liking that!!

One thing I cant stop focusing on (on the exterior) is the big awful looking bonnet seam just above the grill. It really breaks the look of the front of the car. . .Surely the could've just integrated the grill into the bonnet??

mcauley wrote: »
    One thing I cant stop focusing on (on the exterior) is the big awful looking bonnet seam just above the grill. It really breaks the look of the front of the car. . .Surely the could've just integrated the grill into the bonnet??

I guess not, look how deep the grill is, a shutline all the way down there would look awful. For me it's odd shaped piece of chrome that looks like its been glued on between the wing and door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Lol, I have that Aplina B7 as my wallpaper. ;)

For me it's odd shaped piece of chrome that looks like its been glued on between the wing and door.

I guess thats the eh . . ."return to beautiful styling". . .they were talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭babel

is it just me or does it not look very much like a Passat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

I love it, looks really good. But then I like pretty much all the BMW designs :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

babel wrote: »
    is it just me or does it not look very much like a Passat!

I think its more like the Hyundai i70

Edit: Never mind. I dont think it does because I just seen the rest of the photo. My screen didn't display all of the photo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

The first photo looks more like 5-Series meets Volvo S80.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Seen the car upside down in December at Franke Keane.
    I was in shock at first, then went inside, checked the car from all sides and I fell in love after...5 mn
    In the flesh the grills give the car a much agressive look. Overall this is a much better looking car than the previous 2002+ 7 series.
    Would take her home anyday...if I could

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

BMW can't win - the last (e65) model was too out there - the latest model is too bland.

btw the BMW head of design is now the bloke who actually designed the e65 - but as head of design Bangle took the flak for it !

I like it - its not radical admittedly - but its nice imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭Oblomov

But, some thing real and different

Advertisement