Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bon Appetit

Options
  • 04-06-2009 1:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone ever eaten here? What do you think? How does it compare to other Michelen restaurants in Dublin?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

I ate here a while ago on a work night. It was really really good. Everyone seems to compare it to Mint - did they work togeather at some stage?

Anyway, a brilliant night. More more relaxed than Mint (oh...even Im at it now! :pac: ) We had the tasting menu for ease as it was easier than everyone hmming and hawing over what to have as time was short for the meal. It was all delicious, really well presented, great wines reccommended and smooth service with no drama.

Id go again at the drop of a hat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

I've only been to one other - Chapter One - and would consider Bon Appetite slightly better. Have you tried Cafe Bon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Well we went here to catch the early bird last night. Good deal - €55 for 2 including a bottle of wine. Didn't realise the early bird was from 6-7 and it only opens at 6.30 :(. We arrived at about 6.59 and were told we were too late as the computer system controls the restaurant or something. Pity on them as we had cash to spend so we ended up going elsewhere in Malahide for din dins last night. I may as well change title from ape-tit to appetit :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Have you tried Cafe Bon?

No. Where is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

It's just the downstairs of the main restaurant....
    (actually, it looks like it's called The Brasserie now.
    http://www.bonappetit.ie/Bon_Appetit/Brasserie.html) half the price and just as nice!

• Advertisement
Advertisement