Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Woe

Options
  • 04-06-2009 1:41pm

Sorry if this seems like cross-posting from this thread mods, but I just think I can get better expertise here and maybe solve the problem.

So a synopsis of what is going on.

We moved into a new house a few months ago. There is NTL and a wireless router, but it didn't have a power supply. Few weeks back the broadband and TV went completely until two days ago when a engineer came out to fix it. Now for some reason the broadband just isn't working.

In the previous thread it was somewhat discovered that the router isn't the problem, because we can connect to it, but whenever an attempt is made to load websites, these three things happen:
    I tried doing a factory restore yesterday, but pretty much didn't work. I'm currently using this crappy 3 data modem, which I would love to get rid of.

Shall try reseting the router again and then edit this post.

It varies on the sites that it wants the password - I'll try and get a screenshot of what I mean now.

Ok it seems I'm getting 3 seperate messages;
    SID/username
    Certificate Error
    403 Error

Ok, so I'll try reseting now

Right - done reseting and managed to connect to the wireless network, but still for some reason any time I try and access websites, it brings up that SID/username screen and when I enter in the details I had chosen, it says it's incorrect.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭_Sidhe_

SSID means the modem isn't provisioned.
    Do you have an acc opened?
    If you just moved in and tried to use the broadband, there's a good chance that the acc has been closed.

_Sidhe_ wrote: »
    SSID means the modem isn't provisioned.
    Do you have an acc opened?
    If you just moved in and tried to use the broadband, there's a good chance that the acc has been closed.

Thanks a million. I txted the person that looks after the accounts and hopefully he'll check it out and see what the story is.

Advertisement