Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OL Maths Arithmetic Paper 1

Options
  • 04-06-2009 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Teacher never taught us the arithmetic Q, the 1st one on paper 1
    It looks so simple though
    Is it worth (or possible) learning overnight?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭haloauto

Just do a question from past exam papers.
    It's probably the easiest thing on the paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

If you have a logical mind, yes. If you don't, no, it'll probably mess you up.

Learn percentage error, tax, and the rest should be straight forward enough.

You may get caught up on a tricky one, do it if you feel confident enough I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Pala!

I'm quite bad a maths.

But for me, it depends on the question. Sometimes you get a nice question, sometimes you don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 jimmypats

Beau x1 wrote: »
    Learn percentage error, tax, and the rest should be straight forward enough.

Is that v difficult?
    Take long to learn?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

jimmypats wrote: »
    Is that v difficult?
    Take long to learn?
    Nah it's piss.

It's just like division basically, the mistake/actual result x 100/1.

The tax is grand, even if you didn't do arithmetic you could get 7/10 marks or whatevers going for it. But if you feel like you're struggling with a bit of arithmetic in the exam move on. It's one of those questions you can spend too long on and be rushed for time at the end. You can always go back to it. Personally I like to get algebra out of the way first; I feel as if doing arithmetic first puts me into JC mode and then when I see algebra I **** bricks.

Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 jimmypats

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Rainey.

your mad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

No, you're mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Do the best six question's you're comfortable with and if you have time attempt it I say, but like Beau said you need some of them formula's for some of the questions.

Advertisement