Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a childminder

Options
  • 04-06-2009 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭

I dont know if one of the mods will come round to my house and punch me in the head for posting this but Im a desparate woman!

Husband is moving jobs to Carlow and so we need a new childminder for our 13 month old son on a part-time basis.

I have an ad in rollercoaster (no reply as yet :() and even drove up to Carlow to look for ads in local papers and Supervalue (:(). Can anyone recommend Someone or help us?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

axel rose wrote: »
    I dont know if one of the mods will come round to my house and punch me in the head for posting this but Im a desparate woman!

Husband is moving jobs to Carlow and so we need a new childminder for our 13 month old son on a part-time basis.

I have an ad in rollercoaster (no reply as yet :() and even drove up to Carlow to look for ads in local papers and Supervalue (:(). Can anyone recommend Someone or help us?

is it in carlow your looking for someone? and ive no problem with you looking for someone here, once it's in Carlow. please no phone numbers though in this thread, do it by pm thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭axel rose

Aye, Its in Carlow. Im just glad that you're not going to punch me in the head!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

What are the hours? what is the pay? conditions?

i may be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Your best bet is putting an ad in the Carlow Nationalist - check the classifieds.. I put an ad in there a year ago and got loads of really good responses. I kept none of the numbers - as we decided to keep the little one in the creche she was in.

There really should be no problems getting a good/qualified childminder these days. Unfortunately I don't know anyone directly who does childmind.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Are you still looking? I might have the person you're looking for(Not me by the way)

• Advertisement

Aye, I'd appreciate if you could PM me the details. Im going on holidays for a few days tomorrow and plan to meet with a few people then.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

I have a private child minder for my 11 months great woman I can send you her info if you want. I am also sure she can send you great reference.

I thought Id check this thread before I run to the airport. Realistspy I would love if you would PM me your childminders details and I will make my calls when we back from holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

I am a HSE notivied childminder and the best way to find a childminder would be to give your local county childcare committee a call and ask them to send you out a list of carlow childminders, also contact the HSE pre-schools service and again ask them for a list of childminders. Under the pre-school regs 2006 a childminder can look after 3 pre-school children before they have to notify to the HSE, if they mind more than 3 pre-school kids (inc there own) they must notify to the HSE. Make sure the childminder has childcare insurance and ALWAYS ask to see this. They should also have policies and procedures and again ask to see them. I would make sure to have a signed working agreement with your childminder as this protects both of you. If you want anymore info just let me know.:):):)

• Advertisement

Hi folks,
    Just back from my holidays and thought Id get back to ye all. I really appreciated all the replies and PM and they were all a great help to us. We have met up with a lovely lady and are now all set! :)

Some days I'd be lost without this website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Glad you are sorted, Make sure you check references and get all her paperwork and set up a working agreement (for both your sakes)

C:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Hi folks,
    Just back from my holidays and thought Id get back to ye all. I really appreciated all the replies and PM and they were all a great help to us. We have met up with a lovely lady and are now all set! :)

Some days I'd be lost without this website.

Great news

Advertisement