Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

freesat or Sat4free

Options
  • 04-06-2009 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Does anyone else around the sligo area use Freesat or Sat4Free... I have sky at the minute and am thinking about changing..

Any opinions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

More info on this please!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You have no real reason to change. Both freesat and sat4free give you a load of fta channels that you can get with your existing sky setup even if you cancel your sky contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,895 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I have Freesat set up in my house.. it's recommended but I wouldn't get rid of Sky just yet. You even get a few stations not included in your Sky EPG (for example, More 4+1.. have no idea why this isn't in the Sky EPG but is in Freesat).

Most of my favourite stations aren't on Freesat - stations like Dave, ParamountComedy, LivingTV (girlfriend watches this), FX and Virgin. None of those are on Freesat.

Listing of stations here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

You have no real reason to change. Both freesat and sat4free give you a load of fta channels that you can get with your existing sky setup even if you cancel your sky contract.

How does that work?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

How does that work?
    You just use it as normal. When you view a non fta channel it will tell you to contact blah blah blah for assistance or something like that but ig you view a fta channel (bbc for example) it will appear fine. You can test it by pulling your sky card out of the box. Things like pausing live tv with sky+ don't work though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

I have freesat. 'Tis class. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

we have free to air only but got a scottish box. we get lots including all the channel 4 e4 more etc. I refuse to pay for TV since we dont watch it that much. The only thing we dont have is RTE:mad: other then that we have all the channels we want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭hi_sir

i have two old sky boxes i have saw them with the sat4free what have you to do to set them up for free now i have no dish's just the box

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

just put a dish up and your ready to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭minder2009

can you get sky news on sat4free boxes??? I have one new and it doesnt come in on scan...Its a grundig set top box ...any advice ..how to scan it in if available

cheers:confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement