Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brutal Assault

• 04-06-2009 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hey, has anyone here been to/ heard of the brutal Assault festival in Czechoslavakia?? A 3 day ticket only costs like €50 and the bands playing include fear factory, opeth, testament and suffocation!
    It almost sounds too good to be true!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I'd check the dates of when it's on if I was you. Czechoslovakia hasn't existed since 1993 ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Norman213

whoops, my bad!
    i ment czech republic...man am i redfaced now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

BrutalAssault2009.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Negura Bunget are Splitsville, USA.

Norman213 wrote: »
    whoops, my bad!
    i ment czech republic...man am i redfaced now!
    Ah don't be. I was just being a smart arse!

Here is the festival web page. I have to say, that line up looks quite good. Fear Factory, Walls of Jericho, Carnifex, Dagoba, Marduk and a bunch that I've never heard of :).

I wonder what Fear Factory will sound like now that Dino's back and Raymond and Christian don't seem to be involved any more?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Shee-it. That's fantastic. Oh for money and time. Brutal Assault 2010 anyone?

hate eternal and rotting christ are there too...and 1€ beer...this festival is gonna kick ass! if i can get a group together i'll def be goin!wonder what price flights are?

as for fear factory, dino and burton back together...i think its gonna kick ass!hopefully they'll focus on demanufacture era material!

I'd love to go but as with Undergod I have a severe lack of time and money :mad:.

EDIT: I had a quick look on Ryanair.com and flights from August 6th to August 8th from Dublin to Prague will set you back €110. You'll have to add a few quid for taxi fares to and from the festival of course.

Don't forget to change your Euro notes into Czech Koruna!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Just go for the €1 beers. Drink enough and the trip will eventually pay for itself, the more you drink the more you save :D

Nice line up too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I'd go for Immortal, Atheist, Brutal Truth, Obscura, Pestilence(if they promise not to play anything off the new album) and that's about it i suppose. ot enough to tempt me to go to Czech republic.

• Advertisement

Just go for the €1 beers. Drink enough and the trip will eventually pay for itself, the more you drink the more you save :D
    See, that's the kind of logic I like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

malice_ wrote: »
    I'd love to go but as with Undergod I have a severe lack of time and money :mad:.

EDIT: I had a quick look on Ryanair.com and flights from August 6th to August 8th from Dublin to Prague will set you back €110. You'll have to add a few quid for taxi fares to and from the festival of course.

Don't forget to change your Euro notes into Czech Koruna!

I did too, and on Aer Lingus it was only a wee bit more pricey, at 50 out and 70 back. Probably get it cheaper if you book earlier though, I mean it's pretty late at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

givin serious thought to goin meself n another mate. Anyone here confirmed as goin ?

givin serious thought to goin meself n another mate. Anyone here confirmed as goin ?

if i can round up a mate or two i'm def heading to this! have ye checked flight prices or anything??

ok ,.. uive been checkin .... please correct me here if ya have a better idea..

Fly ryanair dublin to prague on the 4/8 and return on the 10/8 is €213 including 1 bag checked in. i picked these dates as filghts are early in morning and on the way back you wont make it to airport on time if you leave on sunday morning.

there are loads of trains for airport to near the festival... for about €6 each way. then ya can get a taxi from station to festival .. think its 12 euro .. check the site..

concert n accom all included in ticket price... just 2 nites in hotel will have to be sorced.. if any1 is interested ill post my findings on that 2

hotels are 73 for bog nights. Price for 1 person, additional person is 15. not bad at all if u ask me !

the flights seem kinda pricey don't they.
    there is camping at the festival isnt there??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Sounds pretty fcukin' epic. And you'd get a nice little holiday to the Czech Republic too!

i checked the flights about a month ago and they were €140 so there not gettin any cheaper but we all know that this is what ryan air does.... !

ya i think its a pretty sweet deal... ya get flights, hotel 2 nights in prague, transport there and back for about €350 ....

the ticket includes camping !! and if you collect a bin bag full of rubbish on the way out ya get money back ( i dont know how much but it ould buy ya another pint if ya can stomach another :P:P )

any1 interested ????

does the €350 include the tics to the actual festival ya?

even if it doesnt i'm still pretty tempted, the price is great value!

• Advertisement

yes ticket is included in price but only if u buy it now via paypal there 45 i think otherwise there 60 again though im on phone so cant be 100% till i check. If ur tempted make ur mind up.... Ryan air wont get cheaper !

i would go but i cant convince anyone to go!

Advertisement