Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 09 Tournament

• 04-06-2009 2:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭

Ok, so it's been out a while now and we havnt had a good tourney in this yet so I've taken upon myself to try and organise one. I've been doing a bit of thinking about this and the logistics on how it can be done properly and fair. I think the best bet would be for people to pick one fighter in each weight division (or whichever divisions you want to eneter the tournament in). I dont think a first come first serve thing with the fighters works so if people pick the same fighters we will need to sort a way to find out who gets him (maybe a fight with different fighters and the winner gets to pick). Anyways here are my picks:

Heavyweight: Crop Cop

LightHeavyweight: Lyoto Machida

Middleweight: Michael Bisping

Welterweight: Karo Parisyan

Lightweight: Kenny Florian

Once we get enough people we can have an elimination tournament for the belts in each weight class. Then when a winner is found they will be the "champion" and can defend the title at will. Sound good?
    Post if you're interested.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

I don't think its fair for people to choose certain fighters because the way certain fighters are just way stronger than others (i.e.: Anderson Silva is easily the strongest fighter in Middleweight) so I think the only proper way to do it is to get a few career characters and build up their stats to be balanced with each other to give everyone a fair chance in the tournament.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

I dont think the stats are that much of an edge to be honest. I've played online against guys using GSP and Silva and Mir and I've beaten them with guys that have sometimes 10 less overall points than them. Every player has a weakness in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭rizzla

I'll be well up for this.

Heavyweight: Gabriel Gonzaga

Light Heavyweight: Forrest Griffin

Middleweight: Rich Franklin

Welterweight: Sean Sherk

Lightweight: Tyson Griffin

EDIT: This tourney for PS3 or Xbox players?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭hmmmmmm

This is a good idea

HW - Lesnar

LHW - Wanderlai Silva

MW - Maia

WW - GSP

LW - Serra

X box players

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I've been doing a bit of thinking about this and the logistics on how it can be done properly and fair.

Surely you picking your fighters first and then leaving everyone else to pick whats left is neither a proper or fair way to do it for starters?

Defending your title belt at will? How does this work..loads of people pm the guy for a fight and he picks who he wants to fight himself and then they win the belt and do the same..the title could change 10 times in one night without anyone really knowing who has it at any one time.

Also I had said previously that I had a chat with Future Guy who runs our FIFA league and the street fighter tournament about getting a UFC one going but our league in FIFA is just underway so havent had much time. Will be looking at starting a proper tournament soon if people want to keep an eye out for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Axwell wrote: »
    Surely you picking your fighters first and then leaving everyone else to pick whats left is neither a proper or fair way to do it for starters?

Did you read the rest of his post? He says that it's not first come first served and that if two people pick the same fighter it'd have to be sorted out some way.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Did you read the rest of his post? He says that it's not first come first served and that if two people pick the same fighter it'd have to be sorted out some way.

So everyone says they want Anderson Silva..then what? There needs to be more thought put into it for it to work..a qualifying round or pre tournament system. We are in the 4th Season of the Fifa league and it works quiet well considering we have 34 people playing across 2 leagues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Everyone is going to want the same fighters which are top of their division. In the first season of FIFA we could pick any team we wanted, so we ended up with 20+ Man Utds out of about 30 people.

Needs more thought. You could have 50 different champions in one night, and he gets to pick who he fights?

Well as you can see so far people generally have their own favourite fighters so people picking the same isn't going to be a huge issue but it will need to be addressed. As for having 1 champion defending I just thought it could be an idea. I havnt set up leagues or tournaments before so I dont know the best way to do these. It will be harder to keep track of than FIFA because you cant set up a league or group online so we will need to keep up to date fight results posted here.

• Advertisement

It wouldnt be any harder to keep results etc, we dont use the in game league tables because sometimes people get disconnected from the games and they have to be replayed so the in game table isnt accurate. This season we are using an online league table system to record our fixtures and results.

gamertags??

Ah yes, I thought I put mine in the first post. GT: wigglesman1

• Registered Users Posts: 24 pharmergriffin

Did anything come of this? I would like to fight a few people on line with my career character. He's only 6 fights into his career with 3-3-0.

Let me know it could be interesting or not!

Look at the other threads, not even as far down as this thread there is one about a tournament im setting up which sign up is now open for. You wont be allowed use your created fighter in it though but you are welcome to sign up.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 pharmergriffin

Thanks. I'm PS3 though. Should have mentioned that in my last one. Good luck with your tournament.

Advertisement