Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Create Ndure-based new HD from another XBOX with EEPROM?

Options
  • 04-06-2009 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi!

My first attempt at an Ndure hotswap was somewhat successful, but I had weird video issues. (greens display as orange in XBMC and videos!) I created a new larger HD with the HD maker and the EEPROM, but the issues moved with the new HD as well. (it was a confirmed software issue, as the cables tested fine on another box, the boot splash looked fine, as well as games...)

I have since softmodded another one with no isues, and made a bigger HD, which works fine.

Using the correct EEPROM, can I use the C and E files from another XBOX that had a different (newer) kernel and dashboard?

Is there any chance of a hardware revision incompatability? Other than the EEPROM, is there other C/E HD data that is unique to that specific machine?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hangover

I made an XBHDM disc to use as a rebuild disc that had basic C and E file systems that i used to build 3 x xbox hd's but you must use your original eeprom to lock/ unlock the hd. I ended up with 2 x discs for each xbox, the ndure disc with correct kernel version, and an eeprom disc to lock and unlock hd's and the 1 x rebuild disc to rebuild a botched or new hdd that will work on any version. Below is a link -

http://www.consoledoc.com/xboxinfo.html

Advertisement