Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I find out which constituency I live in?

Options
  • 04-06-2009 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭

Hi all - Question sounds dumb, but I can't find out for sure, and all the maps I find online are out-of-date.
    I'm either in Pembroke-Rathmines or South East Inner City. Ballsbridge is Pembroke-Rathmines but Bath Avenue and around there is South East Inner City - I'm close to both.
    Does anyone have a decent, up-to-date constituency map? I'm sure lots of others would find it useful!
    I'm on Herbert Road in Dublin 4, my polling station is STAR OF THE SEA N.S LEAHY'S TCE, D4.
    Advance thanks to anyone who can help me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ogriofa

Hi, this should narrow it down for you
    http://www.checktheregister.ie/

I'd guess you're in sounth dublin coco

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

I looked on the web last week to get a detailed map of how all the constituencies are made up and couldn't find one. I had to ring up and ask the Dublin City Council guy what constituency I was in. Anyone know where to get a good map?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

ogriofa wrote: »
    Hi, this should narrow it down for you
    http://www.checktheregister.ie/

I'd guess you're in sounth dublin coco

Thanks for that ogriofa, but it only tells me my polling station, not which constituency I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

I'd like to find out this also, so I can see who my local candidates are.

Try here.

You can choose your constituency on the right, and it'll bring it up on google maps. Then just zoom in and look for your area.

I'm Limerick East.

• Advertisement

Thanks Baldie, but that doesn't seem to help me, as it just has the Dublin South East constituency on its map, it doesn't say where Pembroke-Rathmines ends or South East Inner City begins.

O well was worth a try

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Donagh_mc

Here you go quaalude, South East Inner City is the answer ;)

http://www.dublincityreturningofficer.com/2009_european_local_elections/poll_scheme/South-East-Inner-City.php

I assume your going voting after all of this? :D

Donagh_mc wrote: »
    Here you go quaalude, South East Inner City is the answer ;)

http://www.dublincityreturningofficer.com/2009_european_local_elections/poll_scheme/South-East-Inner-City.php

I assume your going voting after all of this? :D

Hi Donagh_mc - Brilliant, thanks so much! Yes, most I certainly am voting today. Thanks again for your help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Donagh_mc

quaalude wrote: »
    Hi Donagh_mc - Brilliant, thanks so much! Yes, most I certainly am voting today. Thanks again for your help!

Your welcome :)

• Advertisement

Uhm..I'd have just looked at the candidates literature coming in my door if I didn't know or the posters on the poles outside my door and google them..

Uhm..I'd have just looked at the candidates literature coming in my door if I didn't know or the posters on the poles outside my door and google them..
    Fair enough, but there are only a couple of posters nearby, on the junction of my road and the next, so I didn't really trust that. Also, I was getting literature from candidates in both constituencies, so that wasn't help either.
    I was 90% sure I was in South East Inner City, but was surprised to find that there wasn't easy way to confirm that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

I live on the border of Dublin 1 and Dublin 7 so I wanted to be sure. Turned out to be more difficult to find out than I'd imagined.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

OP- Since you are in Dublin for European Elections you in the Dublin constituency, but I am assuming you are looking for Local council Area constituency.
    OP have a look around at posters around near your House/Street and then do a search on the web for find out what constituency they are running in. That should do the trick for you.

I live in Dooradoyle, Last Time I was in Bruff constituency for local elections, this time round I am in the Adare constituency and I did not have to move house!!
    Baldie wrote: »
    I'm Limerick East.
    Baldie - Limerick East will be obsolete at the next General election. You will be either in the new Limerick constituency (with Newcastle west as the western frontier of the constituency, rest of the old West Limerick constituency is gone to North Kerry) or Limerick City constituency in the next General Elections.

Advertisement