Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will a chemist take back unopened medicines?

• 04-06-2009 3:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

Hi

I've got alot of unopened, in date, yet expensive medicines after finally cleaning out the medicine drawer. I'm not looking for money back, it just seems such a waste to dump them because i'm no longer using them. Should i offer them to my chemist (who i now fairly well) or would this be very wrong to do.

Any suggestions are welcome. It would seem to be such a waste considering people are dying in other countries to throw them out.

I would imagine that there is many on this forum with the same issue.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

You could offer them but they won't take them back, I had the same situation and my pharmacist who we know well said she couldn't because she can't sell them when she doesn't know where they've been stored/if tampered with etc.
    But they can get them disposed of for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

Handed a load back to chemist after my father's death - it's the correct way of disposing of them rather than dumping.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭KiLLeR CoUCh

Aye, they'll dispose of them for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Always guve surplus medication back to your pharmacist. they can dispose of them properly instead of they ending up poisoning people (usually children) or contaminating land / water.

There is so much artificial progestrone / oestrogen out there that it can be detected in some water supplies.

Advertisement