Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Results - Provisional and Final

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 daisy chain

Thanks so much for your help re the GPA question, in terms of results am very very nervous, dying to know how they went. Do you reckon that they will go live once it turns 12 tonight, even though it says no earlier than 5pm on the UCD website? Can't bear to wait much longer!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭WellCultured

I'm a bit nervous yeah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Would just like to get it over, personally.

Thanks so much for your help re the GPA question, in terms of results am very very nervous, dying to know how they went. Do you reckon that they will go live once it turns 12 tonight, even though it says no earlier than 5pm on the UCD website? Can't bear to wait much longer!!!

I'd almost go so far as to say its likely. They've done it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

My stomach's in knots. I have a feeling I've failed at least one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Well, I remember getting my results last Christmas at 4am, rather inebriated after the superbowl, I intend on being the same way tonight and tomorrow.:D It is unnerving to say the least, I've a 2.2 guaranteed and I'm still sh*tting it, really nervous about one or two of them, and also I became incredibly lethargic and apathetic in the reading week and exam weeks, that I spent two weeks watching the inbetweeners, southpark, snooker and betting on paddy power.
    Thanks so much for your help re the GPA question
    Don't mention it!:)
    Do you reckon that they will go live once it turns 12 tonight
    It couldn't hurt looking now, I'm giving it a go anyway.
    Is anyone in final year?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

El Siglo wrote: »
    I became incredibly lethargic and apathetic in the reading week and exam weeks, that I spent two weeks watching the inbetweeners, southpark, snooker and betting on paddy power.

watched 4 series of DVD boxsets in study week:( Possibly not the best idea... Damn my powers of rationalisation!

I'm very nervous about results, because they were the worst set of exams I've ever sat.

Waiting sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Our school emailed us provisional results a week ago, according to that I have a 2.1. :)

Our school emailed us provisional results a week ago, according to that I have a 2.1. :)

Goddamn fourth year comp sci! us third years are still waiting! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Was in work all day today so didn't really get the time to think about it. Nerves have just hit now though but not as bad as they usually are because I have a feeling that no matter what I see they'll probably be changed by the time the proper results are released.

Does anyone know if we can appeal from tomorrow or do we have to wait until the final results? (That sounds way too pessimistic. I think I did good but it's just a general query).

Brimmy wrote: »
    Was in work all day today so didn't really get the time to think about it. Nerves have just hit now though but not as bad as they usually are because I have a feeling that no matter what I see they'll probably be changed by the time the proper results are released.

Does anyone know if we can appeal from tomorrow or do we have to wait until the final results? (That sounds way too pessimistic. I think I did good but it's just a general query).

You can't appeal until the final results. What makes you think your results are likely to be changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

I'm just worried my GPA is going to be messed up due to the Erasmus thing, so whatever I see tomorrow will require badgering/waiting 'til the 18th to see in it's proper form (I'm 1/3 2nd year, 2/3 final year, along with a small bunch of others, but I've my suspicions about how smoothly they'll implement this.)

You can't appeal until the final results. What makes you think your results are likely to be changed?

It's just my kind of luck.

I should do good enough to get my 2.2 but I screwed up one of my easiest modules by misreading the first essay title this semester. Couldn't make it out to pick that up on Wednesday so not sure if that was good or bad because it definitely would have changed my perspective on tomorrow. Why do you UCD always have to release them at an awkward time? just do it at the start of business day so that way when you inevitably f*ck it up you have all day to fix it!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

passive wrote: »
    (I'm 1/3 2nd year, 2/3 final year, along with a small bunch of others, but I've my suspicions about how smoothly they'll implement this.)

I think I'm this way as well. I'm hoping there's not going to be any complex wrangling involved in trying to work out what my actual result is.

Aaaargh not looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

I think no matter what I get in this semester, as long as I don't fail, I'll get a 2.1 so I'm not too concerned. It would be much worse if I had the grades close to or above a 1.1 and trying to hang on to it! Best of luck to all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Goonerette

El Siglo wrote: »
    I became incredibly lethargic and apathetic in the reading week and exam weeks
    This is exactly what happened to me. I only had two exams (this was my final semester) and yet I couldn't force myself to work hard for some reason. I'd hate to see my GPA ruined at the last hurdle. So yeah, I'm bricking it. :(

Good luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭maximalistic

Does anyone notice that it says "no earlier than 5.00pm" when they are talking about results and it usually says "no later than 5.00pm". So I'm guessing there will be no release of the results during the night like there usually has been. Any thoughts? Is it worth my while staying up tonight waiting for the results to come out?

Does anyone notice that it says "no earlier than 5.00pm" when they are talking about results and it usually says "no later than 5.00pm". So I'm guessing there will be no release of the results during the night like there usually has been. Any thoughts? Is it worth my while staying up tonight waiting for the results to come out?

Probably not because you're going to be checking them all day tomorrow anyway it will only make the wait shorter rather than waiting a few hours now or going to bed or sleeping and waking up to check them immediately.

I have a feeling that they'll come out at some stage during the night and I wont really be able to sleep so I'll probably just keep checking because I have a feeling I wont sleep much..

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭GobBass

I'm bricking it because of Economics and German Language are so close between heaven and hell :(..I'm good for Geography and Film Studies though :D

• Advertisement

I really hope they are out tonight some time.

sisweb is down if that means anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

sisweb is down if that means anything.

The end is nigh!!! :P

I want to see my results, see if I made it through first year without any hiccups. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭TheJeanGenie

i was just about to say that! it must mean something. methinks results will be up by 12. i wasn't nervous at all until about 10 mins ago when i went online, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

Although, this could be some sort of mind games.:P

They know that we know, that results will be up soon with this downtime. Do we know that we dont really know though. My head hurts.

I just want results. lol!! :cool:

I don't understand! continually refreshing the page isn't helping!!!!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

I bet the UCD web dudes are in this very thread lol @ us...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lisa30

on sis web is says Please note the system will not be available between the hours of 01:30 and 06:30 Irish time so maybe they wont be out til after 06.30

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

lisa30 wrote: »
    on sis web is says Please note the system will not be available between the hours of 01:30 and 06:30 Irish time so maybe they wont be out til after 06.30

Not true. They've boot'd backup SIS during the night multiple times. If I recall correctly Christmas results where booted up at about 1:20am.

• Advertisement

lisa30 wrote: »

Also why bring it down at 11:30 if they were going to do it from 1:30 to 6:30 like every other night?

Advertisement