Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Results - Provisional and Final

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

with 20k+ students, us 150 should at least expect to be in the clear :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5 BuzzFledderjohn

Look at the amount of users on this board, 50 members and 100 guests. I'd say all have the crashed SIS on another tab.
    As one of that number I say: Pretty much, yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

wonderworm wrote: »
    why you gonna bomb admin, its the bloody computer people you should be bombing with their crappy system

well... while I could reasonably expected them to invent a super nuclear awesome computer of doom, it'd be more realistic for admin to have staggered the release according to year/course/shoe size, or let them out earlier without saying anything so many premature checkers would lower the load on the servers at 5...

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭wonderworm

passive wrote: »
    well... while I could reasonably expected them to invent a super nuclear awesome computer of doom, it'd be more realistic for admin to have staggered the release according to year/course/shoe size, or let them out earlier without saying anything so many premature checkers would lower the load on the servers at 5...

methinks no matter what they do they cant win! couldn't give a goddamn anyway i go my results and im off to enjoy the summer yippee :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

As one of that number I say: Pretty much, yeah.

Welcome to the board and all our other UCD brothers and sisters. Yous should have stopped by sooner. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 BuzzFledderjohn

Well, I finally got through. Wishing I hadn't seen them now. Where'd I leave that noose...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I guess I was a bit optimistic earlier, eh? I managed to get my results, just.

If any UCD IT people are reading this, here's what to do next time: release results at midnight! That way, people can check them as they crawl in and/or wake up, and you don't get 10,000 people all trying to hit your cluster at the same time. No, I don't care that it would mean a couple of people staying up late: you're providing a service that people are paying for, not doing this at your convenience. :rolleyes:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Ruby Soho

I've just gotten through, and my results aren't up yet... FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Well, I finally got through. Wishing I hadn't seen them now. Where'd I leave that noose...

Here, you can have mine.
    I got on better than expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

hey peers, am I hope someone can help with my current predicement basically im a waster in 1st year arts, I got 50 credits which means I can go to next year but does it matter what my gpa is like if its below 2 have I failed the year??

And another less bothering problem but one all the same Im hoping to do a joint major with english and economics and I failed quants but passed the 3 others, is this still possible I know for a single major you need quants but is this the same for a joint??

Thanks for any help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

B+
    A-
    B+
    B
    A+
    A-

w00t!

2nd semester GPA = 3.73
    overall final year GPA = 3.68

final GPA... em...gimme a minute with spreadsheets

sadly my 2nd year GPA is slightly under that, so I won't get a first overall. Actually, I haven't the slightest clue how this works... I've a joint major, if I have more than 3.68 in, say, 25 credits of English, do I have a first in English?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Pharm07

GPA is 3.65 so Im 0.03 away from a first again....:(.

I tried so hard

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Pharm07 wrote: »
    GPA is 3.65 so Im 0.03 away from a first again....:(.

I tried so hard
    Hang on - wasn't someone talking about interviews earlier? From the sounds of it, it's possible to get an upgrade if you're really close to the cutoff.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Wooo passed everything now time to get drunk.

bnt wrote: »
    Hang on - wasn't someone talking about interviews earlier? From the sounds of it, it's possible to get an upgrade if you're really close to the cutoff.

Our class did have oral exams but only the people who got firsts were called. Really pissed off, so close. It's a cruel world. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

I can't believe I never realised until now (i.e. i never even copped on for the Semester 1 results) that you could get a breakdown by clicking on the course code! :o

For such stupidity i deserved to fail everything lol

I can't believe I never realised until now (i.e. i never even copped on for the Semester 1 results) that you could get a breakdown by clicking on the course code! :o

first year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

B+
    A-
    B+
    B
    A+
    A-

Show off.:p

Seriously well done, you get what you put it so good on ya.

Pharm07 wrote: »
    first year?

Naw, but I'm a postgrad so it is my first (and only!) year in UCD I guess if that's any excuse!

Naw, but I'm a postgrad so it is my first (and only!) year in UCD I guess if that's any excuse!

ah, right then, we'll let you away with it this time:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Didn't know that either :eek:

<
    3rd year :eek:

Silly billy Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

bnt wrote: »
    I guess I was a bit optimistic earlier, eh? I managed to get my results, just.

If any UCD IT people are reading this, here's what to do next time: release results at midnight! That way, people can check them as they crawl in and/or wake up, and you don't get 10,000 people all trying to hit your cluster at the same time. No, I don't care that it would mean a couple of people staying up late: you're providing a service that people are paying for, not doing this at your convenience. :rolleyes:

Why don't you ring the SIS and tell them this? IT Services don't look after the SIS web server..

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

Dave! wrote: »
    Didn't know that either :eek:

<
    3rd year :eek:

Silly billy Dave

:eek: How can u guys not know that?! Its like the unwritten rule of UCD. The thing thats never talked about but everyone should know!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

By looking at the marks breakdown, it's horribly clear that I suck at exams! Virtually all my practical work is A/B standard, but most of my exam marks were in the C/D range...

*feels dumb*

By looking at the marks breakdown, it's horribly clear that I suck at exams! Virtually all my practical work is A/B standard, but most of my exam marks were in the C/D range...

*feels dumb*

Alright, alright, no need to keep mentioning the breakdown availability people and making myself and Dave feel even *more* stoopid! :o:o:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Ruby Soho

So, I'm just wondering, has everyone's results come up except for mine? The second years of the course got theirs, just not us third years! I'm fuming! Nobody in my class has gotten them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

*feels dumb*

Yeah I was quite similar. I got a few average scores in exams I thought I'd done pretty well in.

Anyone know about the process of checking exams? Can we see our papers like we were able to for the Leaving Cert?

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

Yeah I was quite similar. I got a few average scores in exams I thought I'd done pretty well in.

Anyone know about the process of checking exams? Can we see our papers like we were able to for the Leaving Cert?

I think u gotta wait for the final results then u can apply to see the exam papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Or would there just be a huge demand on the server all day as people checked all day long and grumbled that UCD couldnt say when results would be out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

2nd semester GPA = 3.73
    overall final year GPA = 3.68

final GPA... em...gimme a minute with spreadsheets

sadly my 2nd year GPA is slightly under that, so I won't get a first overall. Actually, I haven't the slightest clue how this works... I've a joint major, if I have more than 3.68 in, say, 25 credits of English, do I have a first in English?
    Im afraid all you have is an arts degree, hard luck :p

Advertisement