Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Results - Provisional and Final

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Pharm07

Im afraid all you have is an arts degree, hard luck :p

oh, biatch!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

GPA of 3.67 for the 2nd semester, 1st semester of 3.9 gives me a cool 3.78 for third year, added with 2nd year gpa of 3.93 gives me a decent enough degree gpa of 3.85, it's a 1st and I'm happy with that!;)

Congratulations everyone, let's get gee eyed tonight!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 JBUCD

3.15 my GPA was. Got let down by a fail but looks like I got compensated. My elective results also let me down a bit. Does anyone if the provisional results change much compared to the final and if so is it more in likely they would deduct marks or add marks. I don't want to lost my 60/60 credits and have to repeat anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

JBUCD wrote: »
    Does anyone if the provisional results change much compared to the final and if so is it more in likely they would deduct marks or add marks.

Wondering that myself. I'm not gonna go mad with celebrations until I get the final results proper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 SuperBelly

GPA of 3.666666 which will be rounded to 3.67. It's a cruel world.....How do I scab an extra .01 GPA points?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

http://www.ucd.ie/registry/assessment/student_info/studentfaqs.html
    its posted somewhere but handy to look at.

if the grades change between now and official, you contact the school/module coordinator. I don't think they'll change much/at all tbh

last ever exams in ucd over :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

What is the result of an ''IX'' (extenuating circumstances) grade does anybody know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭taz70

An IX grade means that whatever extenuating circumstances you submitted has been accepted. But you need to contact the lecturer to see what you need to do to finish the assessment you missed so that your grade can get converted to a normal one. It's your job to chase the lecturer.

Re GPA of 3.67 - from what last year's class said, there was no leeway as there is already some leeway built into the system. I guess it depends on your lecturers whether they are willing to change enough grades so your GPA improves. I wouldn't hold my breath though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭wonderworm

taz70 wrote: »
    An IX grade means that whatever extenuating circumstances you submitted has been accepted. But you need to contact the lecturer to see what you need to do to finish the assessment you missed so that your grade can get converted to a normal one. It's your job to chase the lecturer.

Re GPA of 3.67 - from what last year's class said, there was no leeway as there is already some leeway built into the system. I guess it depends on your lecturers whether they are willing to change enough grades so your GPA improves. I wouldn't hold my breath though :rolleyes:

where do you work taz?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭kev_s88

i got

B
    C+
    C+
    C-
    D+
    D+

for a semester GPA of 2.8 (although im hoping to get one of my D+ bumped up to a C cause my final grade is missing one a B in one of my mid-year assignments, just hoping my Music lecturer realises his mistake when i e-mail him :D)

final year GPA of 2.7 after a 26 last semester

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Delighted with results! Now I consider myself finished in UCD :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Got the mistake in one of my grades sorted.... 4.2!!!!!!!!!! woo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Noodledoodle

:(Got prov results & have failed practical again after repeating year & am totally devastated as really worked for it & thought everything was going ok from feedback I got. Any way got 39% does anybody know what chances are of it changing upwards to 40% so I can go on. Otherwise am just f.....d!! will be looking at change of direction. Any advice really appreciated :(

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Electric

Are all the results up? Cos I just checked SIS and can't see mine. They should be in student records/examination results right?

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Electric

Never mind it's appearing now. 3.8 whoo hooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Woohoo, passed much better than I thought. One I thought I failed, got a C- in, that was my worst result. Semester 2 GPA was 3.1, so same as 1st Semester. This has me on course for a 2.1, and hopefully the H.Dip:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭WellCultured

GPA of 4 for the semester! 4 A+, 1 A- and a B. Really happy. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭panda142

Aristotle, can I ask what you study??

Fair play, results are amazing tho!!!

panda142 wrote: »

You mean me?

I just finished 3rd Comp Sci.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

whisper: aristotle is in the almighty TPhysic course if i remember right :P he helped me in one of my 1st yr elective. an awesome dude!

congrats too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

Quick question, if you fail a resit, what happens? can I just resit it the next year? I really need to know, and praying im not completely screwed.

Thanks! I study Theoretical Physics, as seraphimvc already mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭kennyrsb

Joneser wrote: »
    Quick question, if you fail a resit, what happens? can I just resit it the next year? I really need to know, and praying im not completely screwed.

if you fail the resit you have to repeat the module:cool:

i still havent been able to get my results on SIS, anyone else have this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭IKOS

The results will not be available on SIS until 18th June. They were taken down on Tuesday at 1pm :mad: on the bright side, there the final ones :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭wexican

Final results are now available.

Sweet... ive officially graduated!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

wexican wrote: »
    Final results are now available.

Sweet... ive officially graduated!

You beauty! Thanks for telling me.

I got my 2.1! Huzzah! :)

Mine arent up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Mine haven't changed from the provisional results, so I've definitely got a first :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

so happy! they didnt change! got my 2.1!!

unfortunately my friend didnt pass everything. her results look so confusing but basically at the bottom it says that she only has 50 credits out of 60 and doesnt give final grade etc. she has to contact ucd to find out what to do but does anyone here know what that means for her?
    i guess she cant graduate with the rest of us but do you think she has to repeat the whole year? or just the first semester mayb??

Advertisement