Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone data add-on

• 04-06-2009 4:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭

Quick one (I did search but couldn't find the answer)

Why with this add-on am I still charged for 63mb of data?

What exactly does 'Usage is charged at 0.5c up to 99c or 168KB of usage' mean?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Thanks, just discovered something is accessing through isp.vodafone, need to find out what, I'm on the 500meg add-on.

Sorry, I don't understand 'charge you 0.5cent up to 99cent' 0.5c per what? kb?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The pay monthly 500MB add on needs to use live.vodafone.com otherwise you will be charged the isp rate. Delete the isp settings from the phone so you cannot connect this way.

You dont need to worry about pricing, unless you go over the 500MB in the month, it will then be 2cent per KB. Simple :)

Cheers. ;)

I think it was the sat nav accessing ISP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

Sorry a bit of a stupid question here but can someone tell me how I can find out weather I am accessing the internet with the one where its only 99c per day for the 50MB?

Thanks! Have no clue what I am doing with the settings for internet on my phone and really want to use it when I am abroad next week. I am bill pay but don't want to get the add on as I wouldn't use that much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

I'd say to anyone on the 500 MB live add on to change to the 1 GB isp add on for the same price. I'm on the latter and the occasional use of live is as well as isp use for email, opera mini, google maps, etc

nazoil wrote: »
    I'd say to anyone on the 500 MB live add on to change to the 1 GB isp add on for the same price. I'm on the latter and the occasional use of live is as well as isp use for email, opera mini, google maps, etc

Do they still offer that add-on? I can't find it.

EDIT: Never mind, found it. Cheers.

I have the Nokia E51
    Under Access Points and then under Vodafone Live! the Acces point name is live.vodafone.com so I guess am on the right one! Thanks!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Irishshin wrote: »
    I have the Nokia E51
    Under Access Points and then under Vodafone Live! the Acces point name is live.vodafone.com so I guess am on the right one! Thanks!"

Yep that would be right :D

Thanks for your help!!

Another question but when I send an email from my Vodafone email on my phone, is this included in the 99c per day data thingy or is it something else.

Thank you! :D

Advertisement