Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rory Gallagher Festival

Options
  • 04-06-2009 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭

Was anyone at it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭cormthechippy

i was indeed. been going since 2005. i was very very impressed with the band wolfpin, it was their first time playing here too. bit disappointed with the crowd who attended, felt there was a bit of an agro atmosphere about the town. alot of people there who werent there to pay tribute to rory or even watch any bands, but there to cause fights. also one lunatic jumping off the bridge into the river. he was quickly arrested though!

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Cul a cnoic

i was indeed. been going since 2005. i was very very impressed with the band wolfpin, it was their first time playing here too. bit disappointed with the crowd who attended, felt there was a bit of an agro atmosphere about the town. alot of people there who werent there to pay tribute to rory or even watch any bands, but there to cause fights. also one lunatic jumping off the bridge into the river. he was quickly arrested though!
    Was Pat "The Professor" Mc Manus there this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭cormthechippy

he was indeed but i was a sick wee man on saturday morning and afternoon so i didnt get to see him. absolutely sick with myself! he was only playing one show in ballyshannon too. lucky hes playing in whelans in dublin in a few weeks. hes changed his rhythm section so hes a slightly heavier sound now. what a man and what a band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 banthebrick

was there too, thought the atmosphere was a little more charged than other years but still had a class weekend. so much excellent music i feel sorry for the cretins who didn't bother taking the time out to enjoy it.:rolleyes:
    highlights were johnny gallagher and boxtie, shinkicker, sinnerboy and also wolfpin on sunday night. think they were left high and dry by another band and had to cover two slots.
    special mention to local youngsters sham-rock who played an excellent set on the main stage on sunday.
    looking forward to next year already :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Chuzzbot

Always a great festival bar a few who are there for reasons of their own. Wolfpin, the Brian meakin band and bearded babies were highlights for me (or all i remember). Looking forward to 2010!

• Advertisement
Advertisement