Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Claire apparently a regular for final season

• 04-06-2009 4:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

Not exactly breaking news that Claire will feature as there's lots of stuff to be tied up involving her but I didn't expect to hear she'd have a prominent role. I hope it's true.

From RTE:
    The producers of 'Lost' have confirmed that Emilie De Ravin is returning to the series.

The actress, who plays Claire in the ABC series, will reportedly make a comeback as a full-time series regular for the show's final season.

"Damon (Lindelof) and I are very excited to bring Claire back to the show," Digitalspy reports executive producer Carlton Cuse as saying. "And even more excited for people to experience just how she will return."

Interesting stuff about another return (though it's hard to know if this is significant or not):
    It was recently announced that Elizabeth Mitchell is returning to the series in her role as Juliet Burke.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yeah it's true. This has been known since the end of season 4. De Raven has a 6 year contract with the show, they just put it on hold for a year. So she'll be a full-time regular again next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

I'd expect as much, they were not going to leave that story hanging and I imagine she'll have a big part to play. God she deserves it after been basically written out of two seasons!

Can we not have a thread called "season 6 casting rumours" with all this stuff for people that want to know? I want to know as little as possible before watching it and even hearing this been confirmed annoys me a little. Guess I shouldn't come on to a Lost forum then but still...:rolleyes: I should really have learnt my lesson from that show Sky did at the start of this season in which they interviewed all the cast in their Dharma gear, I mean what the f*ck were they thinking!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭FredBloggs

I should really have learnt my lesson from that show Sky did at the start of this season in which they interviewed all the cast in their Dharma gear, I mean what the f*ck were they thinking!?

I agree with you about that daft Sky show. Watching it you immediately knew who would go back to Dharmaville and it did really spoil things as you knew that Hurley, Jack etc would get back to the island and join Dharma.

My major worry next season is that something major will happen and air in the US and be leaked extensively before we get to see it. I also wonder how they'll air the finale so it doesn't get leaked big time. All you'd need is to catch some US news programme on one of the satellite stations announcing "15 million people tuned into Lost last night for the finale to discover it was all Hurley's dream/they were all dead already/Jacob and Locke were clones". The only viable option I can see if they air it here the night after the US

FredBloggs wrote: »
    The only viable option I can see if they air it here the night after the US

I think the problem is Lost goes out on a Thursday night in the States. We could never get it Thursday night as then it would be on here 6 hours before the states. Then the problem is even if RTE/Sky could show it before Sunday they definitely wouldn't as its not Friday/Saturday programming material. Unless they cast Fern Cotton as Claire and Ant & Dec as Sawyer and Jack.

So for me the final episode will have to be procured by other means....

I mean flying to the States obviously!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

There was a rumour back in April that the series finale would air around the globe "simultaneously". In other words, ABC/Disney would make sure the episode was available to RTE/Sky by the following evening. Whether they would chose to air it then is another thing.

It doesn't make much difference though. Everyone is far more likely to get spoiled as a result of production leaks. With the new shooting schedule there could be a complete synopsis of the finale floating around the net a month before it airs anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Yeah. I may just quit reading any forum related to lost next may. Some people can never resist giving it away even though this forum is pretty good for not doing it but it still happens.

I also would would think it's better to have a generic thread title even though it was pretty obvious this would happen.

Maybe RTE/SKY will make a special consideration for the finale and they will show it on the Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I am not too worried about post finale. If you really want you can watch it Thursday morning(or whatever night it will be broadcast) if you know where to look. I had most episodes within 1 hour of broadcast in the states.

After that just make sure you don't watch fox news or cnn and you are sorted. That's the only channels I know off that may mention what happened in the finale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭FredBloggs

I think the problem is Lost goes out on a Thursday night in the States. We could never get it Thursday night as then it would be on here 6 hours before the states. Then the problem is even if RTE/Sky could show it before Sunday they definitely wouldn't as its not Friday/Saturday programming material. Unless they cast Fern Cotton as Claire and Ant & Dec as Sawyer and Jack.

So for me the final episode will have to be procured by other means....

I mean flying to the States obviously!

Lost aired on Wednesday nights in the US last year - if it does again next year four days is a long time to avoid spoilers espescially if you knoew someone who is liable to tell you exactly what happened ( as I had to this year!). Full story on each episode is available on about.com from early on Thursday. Hopefully they'll show the finale on a Thursday as for one day you could stay away from the pc, switch off the phone etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

FredBloggs wrote: »
    Lost aired on Wednesday nights in the US last year - if it does again next year four days is a long time to avoid spoilers espescially if you knoew someone who is liable to tell you exactly what happened ( as I had to this year!). Full story on each episode is available on about.com from early on Thursday. Hopefully they'll show the finale on a Thursday as for one day you could stay away from the pc, switch off the phone etc

+1.

It would be fantastic if Sky could simulcast the finale with ABC given the air time !! Not likely, but if they could air it on the Thursday night it would help avoid spoilers and I think Sky would gain viewers as less people would be likely to get it online.

For those of us that watch Lost on TV, it is going to be a hard 4 days avoiding all the media reports from the Thursday to the Sunday, when the finale airs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

You would probaly have to pull a sickie from work as well.I remember after the sopranos Finale episode some girl in work started talking about it. At that stage I was only on Season one and had to watch the rest of the series.

Dont think lost is as popular as Season one when everyone was wacthing/talking about it so you should be ok. People who get to see it online will know not to talk about it.

Aviod any lost Material on the web aswell. I went on Wikipedia and got spoiled on the Prison Break Series finale..Bloody nerds had updated the series page!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Juliette will be back? YES! One of my favourite characters :)

MOD EDIT: Conor108.. there's a reason what you commented on was in spoiler tags.

Advertisement