Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football this weekend, June 5

• 04-06-2009 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

RFRF alert. The season's still on, innit? :p

Premier Division
    5 Jun 2009 Cork City 7:45 Shamrock Rovers Turner's Cross
    5 Jun 2009 Dundalk 7:45 Bray Wanderers Oriel Park
    5 Jun 2009 Galway United 7:45 Drogheda United Terryland Park
    5 Jun 2009 St Patrick's Athletic 7:45 Bohemians :cool: Richmond Park
    5 Jun 2009 Sligo Rovers 7:45 Derry City The Showgrounds

Bohs will win in Richmond if our players stay awake. Mildly conflicted re Cork and Shamrock!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

No Div1 games for the real fans?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

CHD wrote: »
    Sorry. I just do the bandwagon glamour bit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

SectionF wrote: »
    Sorry. I just do the bandwagon glamour bit.
    Glamour?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

FC Shamrock of Tallaght vists The Cross tmr night and will most likely head back up the road with all 3 points. I have zero confidence in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

CHD wrote: »

Lloyd doesnt like it when he doesnt get to add them in.

Would be surprised if rovers got anything in Cork. Expect a win against Pats but not as handy as the last 2 against them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

First Division
    5 Jun 2009 Kildare County 7:30 Longford Town Station Road
    5 Jun 2009 Athlone Town 8:00 Limerick Athlone Town Stadium
    5 Jun 2009 Finn Harps 8:00 Mervue United Finn Park
    5 Jun 2009 Monaghan United 8:00 UCD Kingspan Century Park
    5 Jun 2009 Shelbourne 8:00 Waterford United Tolka Park
    5 Jun 2009 Wexford Youths 8:00 Sporting Fingal Ferrycarrig Park

Must be the first weekend every match is on the Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

gimmick wrote: »
    FC Shamrock of Tallaght vists The Cross tmr night and will most likely head back up the road with all 3 points. I have zero confidence in the game.

+1

the sooner we stop playing 451 "433" the better. Denis behan cannot lead the line on his own. Guntars Silagalis is not a footballer. Dan Connor can't kick out a ball and cant catch a cross. Joe Gamble is bloody injured. Urgh.

Aslong as Cork have someone glued onto Twigg yor grand, without him in the game you's should win.

Roar wrote: »
    the sooner we stop playing 451 "433" the better. Denis behan cannot lead the line on his own. Guntars Silagalis is not a footballer. Dan Connor can't kick out a ball and cant catch a cross. Joe Gamble is bloody injured. Urgh.
    Glamour. See?

I disagree. Shamrock have flattered to deceive. Cork are better than them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

If the hardy-hars go down at Sligo and Rovers get a result in Cork, second place beckons. Alrite.

Which is of course a cue for a 3-0 win for Cork.
    I disagree. Shamrock have flattered to deceive.

At home. Away form has been better, weirdly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

FYI Pats vs Bohs is on Setanta Ireland

For the barstoolers :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

RFRF alert. The season's still on, innit? :p

Premier Division
    5 Jun 2009 Cork City v Shamrock Rovers
    5 Jun 2009 Dundalk v Bray Wanderers
    5 Jun 2009 Galway United v Drogheda United
    5 Jun 2009 St Patrick's Athletic v Bohemians
    5 Jun 2009 Sligo Rovers v Derry City
    First Division
    5 Jun 2009 Kildare County v Longford Town
    5 Jun 2009 Athlone Town v Limerick
    5 Jun 2009 Finn Harps v Mervue United
    5 Jun 2009 Monaghan United v UCD
    5 Jun 2009 Shelbourne v Waterford United
    5 Jun 2009 Wexford Youths v Sporting Fingal

Anyone making predictions:
    Cork City v Shamrock Rovers: Cork on the back of 2 defeats - not good, Rovers always a tough game... gonna guess either 1-0 to Cork or 0-0

Dundalk v Bray :Dundalk to get the better of travelling Bray .... that astro pitch will help Dundalk..... 1-0

Drogs away to Galway - on the back of a good scalp (cork), drogs look to build, but I think home form will assist Galway and the points will be shared 0-0

Pats v Bohs .... where do I start - pats non existent since Kerr left have been tumbling and falling since, straight 2-0 victory for Bohs, dont even see Pats scoring even though they are at home.

Sligo v Derry .... hmmm... on form I would say easy derry victory , but Sligo are always a tough side able to grind out a result at home..... gonna stick with form 1-0 victory for Derry.

As for the First Division:
    Kildare v Longford: no contest, kildare havent been able to kick a ball properly so far this season 2-0 or 3-0 to Longford.

Athlone v Limerick....middle of the table clash - last year or the year before Limerick would have easily come away with 3 points, this time I'm going to guess either 2-1 to Athlone or 1-1.

Finn Harps v Mervue: Not a lot I can say about Mervue - havent seen them play or havent been watching their results (then again I could say that about most of the Eircom League teams), looking at the league table would suggest a draw , indeed both teams scoring and conceding on average a goal a game - so why should this be any different .... 1-1 draw.

Monaghan v UCD: heres my shocker of the week, a 1-0 victory for Monaghan or a score draw 1-1 or 2-2 maybe, my reason being - I just think monaghan at home have something.... (maybe I'm deluded by years gone past - previous performances) ... I dunno - but there must be an upset every week and I think this is this weeks upset. (last weeks...well earlier this week.... was Drogs beating Cork)

Shels v Waterford ... Wow !! ... two top teams battling for a precious 3 points, gonna jump off the fence and say a home victory 1-0 or 2-1

and the final game of the weekend: Wexford youths v Fingal: Fingal with a great season in the league last year v wexford youths who had a great cup run .... hmmm ... 5th v 4th....wild guess.... fingal win , 1-0, just think they have that extra bit of experience, even with Wexford at home, might even be a draw but I'm sticking to my guns and going for an away win.

crikey - I'm exhausted just after writing all that ... took me nearly 20mins to make all that up.

Not that it makes any difference but I'm a Cork City Fan :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Dave! wrote: »
    FYI Pats vs Bohs is on Setanta Ireland

For the barstoolers :pac:

fcuk being raped on live tv is never good.

Denis behan cannot lead the line on his own. Guntars Silagalis is not a footballer. Dan Connor can't kick out a ball and cant catch a cross. Joe Gamble is bloody injured. Urgh.

Behan is just a donkey. Out and out.

The jury is still out on Sigalis. I would have him in the team long before Behan.

Dan Connor. I have never hated a City player so much in my life. It disgusts me to see him wear the CCFC jersey. Sooner he leaves the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,960 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Tough game tonight against Waterford.

Would have expected a handy away win until they slipped up against Wexford last week. :eek:

Not sure what to expect tonight. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭getcover

Just hope the City v Rovers game (Cork v Shamrock!) isn't as bad as the game up in Tallaght, and Connor doesn't make such a b*lls of things like he did up there.
    If I have to suffer through another 90 odd minutes like that, I think I'll lose the will to live. I expect a 0 - 0 draw as well...:(

Dan Connor. I have never hated a City player so much in my life. It disgusts me to see him wear the CCFC jersey. Sooner he leaves the better.
    +1.

Absolute creep who should never have been allowed anywhere near our club.

What's the issue with Connor? Is this a new thing? :confused:

New thing? CCFC fans have hated the guy for years. We were almost 100% united in not ewanting to sign him. Now we are almost 100% against him. He isn't actually that good a keeper.

The players call him "pet" as he sits with Doolin on away trips. He has a clause in his contract to say he can leave if Doolin leaves. He said in a recent interview, "I play for the manager and those in front of me, no one else". This did not go down well with his fellow players either. When the Drogs fans were signing "Connor hates langers" the other night he turned around and clapped them.

So you could say he is not popular.

• Advertisement

New thing? CCFC fans have hated the guy for years. We were almost 100% united in not ewanting to sign him. Now we are almost 100% against him. He isn't actually that good a keeper.

The players call him "pet" as he sits with Doolin on away trips. He has a clause in his contract to say he can leave if Doolin leaves. He said in a recent interview, "I play for the manager and those in front of me, no one else". This did not go down well with his fellow players either. When the Drogs fans were signing "Connor hates langers" the other night he turned around and clapped them.

So you could say he is not popular.

But why is he hated in the first place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Huge game for Dundalk this evening. We haven't actually been playing that bad for the last few games but we are seriously lacking someone who knows how to score a goal. Bray overtook us the other night to leave us second from bottom but a win against the seasiders this evening will remedy that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

:eek: Since when was there a roof on the St. Anne's End?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

3-0

battered

fookin hell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

We put an hex on Murphy with that thread. :pac:

Nil-all at the Cross.

Cant really blame Murphy for any of them. Poor Mayfield.

:D:D:D

we won a game, shocked at the attendance Bohs always bring the biggest away support but we had fans too!!!!

Missus said it sounded dead on tv :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

dreamers75 wrote: »
    :D:D:D

we won a game, shocked at the attendance Bohs always bring the biggest away support but we had fans too!!!!

Missus said it sounded dead on tv :(
    It was an embarrassment to the league on tv. Looked like yous had about 500 at it

CiaranC wrote: »
    It was an embarrassment to the league on tv. Looked like yous had about 500 at it

Lucky for us that were at the game then eh? guesstimate about 3000, about 1000 or so bohs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

dreamers75 wrote: »
    fcuk being raped on live tv is never good.

yeah, jeasus, it wasn't pretty, they bled everywhere :D

bare-bones football at it's very best. throw an injured centre-half up front (coz you've feck all other fit players) and lump it up to him and perhaps get a bit of luck from a set-piece. . .it was the most beautiful thing i've seen in months. The season starts here lads :p

Well that was nice, beat Waterford 1-0. 1 point off the top and well if it wasn't for UCD scoring in the 86th and 89th minute, we'd be top by 2, aw well a game still in hand and it's looking good.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Well that was nice, beat Waterford 1-0. 1 point off the top and well if it wasn't for UCD scoring in the 86th and 89th minute, we'd be top by 2, aw well a game still in hand and it's looking good.:cool:
    And they said it was 2-1 final score...
    Also- I was lied to about Youths drawing with Franchise
    :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

I got most of the results .... yay !!!

Almost called that Monaghan result .... was shocked by the Pats result ...defo couldnt see that coming.

couple of those games were fairly obvious...cork was always gonna be a tight game, derry are on form at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

city and shamrock was the most mind numbingly boring turgid bull**** I've ever seen in my whole entire life. Both teams should be ashamed of themselves for that crap. one shot on target in the entire game and it came in the 79th minute. It was so bad I contemplated leaving at half time. It was so bad I was thinking of gnawing off my hand just for something to throw at Paul Doolin's bonce.

If there were any people at their first LoI game last night, not only would they not come back, they'd tell their friends not to waste their time and not come down.

Some facts from last night
    • Guntars Silagalis is ****
    • Cork City have three midfielders in the middle of the park (Gamble, Healy, O'Donnell) who do the exact same job and get in each others way
    • 451 IS ****. At home, Doolin packs the midfield. He's so afraid of defeat, he can't do it any other way
    • Denis Behan CANNOT play up front on his own. STOP DOING THIS
    • Faz Kudozovic would want to start looking interested, pretty fast. Another 80 minutes of minimal movement with nothing to show for it
    • Shamrock Rovers fans are absolutely brilliant. If every team had fans like them the league would be a better place. Came down in huge numbers, and sang for 90 minutes, and then 15 minutes at full time. Brilliant.
    • City need a creative midfielder (in the George mold, but without the baggage), a striker and a new keeper
    • I hate Dan Connor. I hate him. Good shot stopper. Useless at: kicking, catching, punching, throwing, passing

I'm so bloody annoyed and frustrated after last night. LOUD NOISES!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

wtf happened to Bohs?

• Advertisement

wtf happened to Bohs?
    My question precisely.

Too many smug,complacent people in the team. As someone said on the Bohs MB, our reserves would have given Pats a better game than that.

Can we have O'Donnell back please? It'd be great to have a midfielder who can pass a ball forward.

My question precisely.

Too many smug,complacent people in the team. As someone said on the Bohs MB, our reserves would have given Pats a better game than that.

Can we have O'Donnell back please? It'd be great to have a midfielder who can pass a ball forward.

In fairness i still shat myself everytime you had the ball, we played a 5-5 to stop you and it worked but still reckon you could have scored anytime only for some poor decisions by your wingers. Your still gonna win the league :(

La La la la la la la la la la la jo-ey ndo your a ******* **** :D

Its the simple songs that work best.

• I hate Dan Connor. I hate him. Good shot stopper. Useless at: kicking, catching, punching, throwing, passing
    Agree 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% :mad:

And they said it was 2-1 final score...
    Also- I was lied to about Youths drawing with Franchise
    :mad:

I told ye after the match outside but you's didn't believe me so it's your own fault.;)

wtf happened to Bohs?

Same old, same old. Deegan, Ndo and Carey are our only creative attacking players, Carey was the only one that played and he had a shocker, the only good ball he put in all night we scored from. Deegan has to start for us, Cronin and Keegan are far too similar.

• Advertisement

wtf happened to Bohs?

All I know is they cost me €25!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭Publin

We have Deegan. He was immense for us in the second half of last season. He must start alongside Cronin/Keegan.

As for Fenn... just retire. Please. It'll save the club a lot of money, the fans the misfortune and agony of watching him in the jersey each week and it'll give him more time for the sunbeds.

Advertisement