Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summons for speeding

• 04-06-2009 4:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭

Last November I got a speeding ticket ,the week after that i had some personal problems ,preoccupied by these things i was late sending in the fine ,which I eventually did ,I sent a check for 120 euro instead of the 80 euro as I was aware I was late,2 weeks later i got the check back from the Garda and I now have a summons for a court appearance.
    Anybody know what I can expect ,do I need to get a solictor ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

Standard procedure I'm afraid. They will not take a payment if it is late. If you can prove that you tried to pay within the allocated time (€120 within the 56 days later I think) you should be ok. But if it has expired the 56 days, you have to show up in court and explain you’re self.
    Not so sure if a solicitor will help you much there......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

your best bet would be to contact the garda whos name appears on the summons,tell them what happened and see what they can do for you.failing that make sure you go to court on the date specifed.

if this is the first time you have received anything like this i would expect a small fine and the 2 points for speeding (although it can depand on the judge on the day).

you dont really need a solicitor for this kind of thing just show up on the day approach the judge when your called and explain the story. however if you would prefer to have someone to do the talking for you you can get one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

tell the gaurd your story might work,
    If he "forgets" to show you'll proably get off, but if its a fixed roadside camera you don't have the luxury!

Turn up in court, id get a solicitor nearly to be on the safe side.
    But completely up to you.
    Explain the situation and hope for the best.

Hope the health is ok OP.

And best of luck with your day in court!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Buffman

I thought there was a 6 month time limit on speeding cases. ie. you have to be prosecuted within 6 months of the alleged offence. I'm not sure on the exact details, maybe post on the legal forum or get legal advice to be sure.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles or cartons to avoid the DRS fee.

Advertisement