Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Times quoting boardsies

Options
  • 04-06-2009 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭

i just got a text off my mate saying that the irish times quoted what i said, and some others.
    I'm like a celebrity now

and im screwed for maths tomorrow.
    im doing OL, and i also heard there is a 37% fail rate? is that true?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Koushki

yeah i didnt really bother checking it myself

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

They've been quoting from boards for the past few days now. They had a page of 'expert' tips & advice and then student's opinions. I just remember reading bythewoods' advice on here then reading it in The Irish Times the next day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Yes, I'm an internet superstar.

I bought the Irish Times yesterday- not only did they quote a loadddd of my amazing boards advice, but in the same little pocket of the paper they quoted my blog (See signature if you fancy reading it.)

What can I say, I'm amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

Congratulations on becoming a superstar!!!!!

• Advertisement

Thanks very much.

It's quite hard being so damn amazing- the paparazzi won't leave me alone. Outside snapping away as we speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

Njoy your moment in the sun - or should I say The Times!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Aerb

They've been quoting from boards for the past few days now. They had a page of 'expert' tips & advice and then student's opinions. I just remember reading bythewoods' advice on here then reading it in The Irish Times the next day!
    I'm expecting the headlines soon to read "'BOARDS.IE USERS ONTO US - THEY KNOW 'The Irish Times' IS WATCHING THEM"

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 284 ✭✭We

bythewoods wrote: »
    What can I say, I'm amazing.

Lets not get too big for our boots now, it is I who had created the epic thread with just under 100k views, cited by several sources to be the first post about it on the interwebs, AND, just today I was contacted by PrimeTime asking about it :ppp

Now who's amazing? :p

ps. in the message from PrimeTime I was told this; 'Boards have passed the unedited version of your post where you saw a friend text you telling you the story' .... Thanks boards :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Not you since you alerted everyone else in Ireland to the leaked answers. :P

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 284 ✭✭We

Monzo wrote: »
    Not you since you alerted everyone else in Ireland to the leaked answers. :P

ahh but I didn't ;)
    I said I got a text about the upcoming paper and the questions on it, and not once said what they were.. :)

If anything, it was RTE.ie that alerted everybody, considering we all thought it was waffle until they actually confirmed it... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭MrDrifter

bythewoods wrote: »
    Thanks very much.

It's quite hard being so damn amazing- the paparazzi won't leave me alone. Outside snapping away as we speak.

MrDrifter wrote: »

Your msn sig is "english paper 2 got leaked" so STFU.
    :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Idiots didn't quote OP :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭lorna100

quoted my post too in that article, except they decided to put 'a student called lorna said... ' lol!

Oh Lorna you got quoted somewhere else too. In that reactions article.

errlloyd wrote: »
    Oh Lorna you got quoted somewhere else too. In that reactions article.

Linky?:D

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/0604/1224248025131.html

Your lucky I am feeling generous, btw is your classics class that institute one taught like once a week by that legendary teacher who always gets the top marks ?

Oh ****, that's the one you were talking about... I thought you meant this one...

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/0603/1224247946432.html

errlloyd wrote: »
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/0604/1224248025131.html

Your lucky I am feeling generous, btw is your classics class that institute one taught like once a week by that legendary teacher who always gets the top marks ?

Oh ****, that's the one you were talking about... I thought you meant this one...

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/0603/1224247946432.html

Thanks, Nope hes not, he has taught in the institute before, ashfield day and grind school, teaches in belvedere at the moment - the main classics teacher in the institute is a past pupil of his. He comes into our school once a week for a couple of hours to teach it - absolute hero!

lorna100 wrote: »
    Thanks, Nope hes not, he has taught in the institute before, ashfield day and grind school, teaches in belvedere at the moment - the main classics teacher in the institute is a past pupil of his. He comes into our school once a week for a couple of hours to teach it - absolute hero!

Banter, you gave the exact same predictions as someone I know who like does classics outside school

• Advertisement

could easily be one of his students, guy who teaches in the institutes name is paul I think. either way both sets of predictions they give are the same, always are.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

Just got told I was quoted in the Irish Times too, same article as Koushki!
    I look like a fool though, saying the leak isn't true!

Advertisement