Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does a research master easy to find jobs?

Options
  • 04-06-2009 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Is it to find a job with a reseach master degree in computer science of DCU?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

juanyao wrote: »
    Is it to easy find a job with a research master degree in computer science from DCU?

I don't suppose you've been reading any newspapers, watching any news on television over the course of the last 10 months or so? You should read this first.
    Then have a read of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭CathalMc

That is frightening reading El Siglo, thanks for the links. I don't know why anyone would want to rush to graduate in this climate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

CathalMc wrote: »
    That is frightening reading El Siglo, thanks for the links. I don't know why anyone would want to rush to graduate in this climate.

Yeh I know, my sister has two postgrads and she's been on the dole since February, brother has a HDip (Primary Education) and an MSc in Environmental Planning and he might not have his teaching job this september. Apart from not getting a job, why would you want to work in this country anyway, we've an awful tax regime, the pension levy in the public sector isn't helping at all, along with the recruitment freezes that are taking place. Best option is to either emigrate or do another course, because by the predictions being made by the ESRI, it won't be till 2013 before our employment is back up to 2007 levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

I'm nearly finished a Telecommunications masters in DCU and it has been
    pretty depressing, knowing since Christmas even that their is a very small
    chance of getting a job.

I had applied with the likes of Ericsson but you may remember them laying
    off a load of people earlier in the year along with freezing recruitment. :(

I hope to do something else for another year in the college and hopefully
    there will be "something" then.

Advertisement