Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dilemma.please help

Options
  • 04-06-2009 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

ok so i'm in a bit of a dilemma.i have irish paper2 (hl) and business (hl) on the same day.i'm a crammer and i really need to do well in both subjects.i'm terrible at paper2 and i failed business in the mocks even though i am going to study it in college.

should i go over irish on saturday and sunday and do business on monday.what should i do?

please help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

ok so i'm in a bit of a dilemma.i have irish paper2 (hl) and business (hl) on the same day.i'm a crammer and i really need to do well in both subjects.i'm terrible at paper2 and i failed business in the mocks even though i am going to study it in college.

should i go over irish on saturday and sunday and do business on monday.what should i do?

please help

Whatever you think suits - to be honest if you have a fair bit of good work built up to read over, revise and refine from the year through, just work away at it during the weekend and take breaks. Cramming when you're already unsure of yourself is a bad idea since you'll not only be cramming, you'll be panicking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭yummy91

Think aswell that if you don't do great in irish, you still have paper 1 to get marks from, but you only have one chance at business.
    Or try doing half days? Like half irish and half business on each day?
    Good luck anyway with whatever you do!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 yellow belly du

please help

I'm in the same boat and then with history the next day its horrible. Plus we dont get off till then past 5 on the monday!

Im just gonna take a chance, only learn a few poems, pros and stair na gaeilge. And im also leaving out the EU and international sections in business since you dont have to answer a question on those. Im gonna do 4 and a half hours on the monday then 2 and a half hours on the tuesday morning. 4 hours business, 3 hours irish. Sorted :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Pat2107

I'm in the same boat so ****ed!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭ALincoln

please help

I was in this situation last year, so I know how difficult it is. The first advice I would give you is do it your way - give the most time to the subject in which you have more left to revise.

Having left business until the Monday night in my own LC, I will say that it is quite stressful (bear in mind that Irish Paper 1 is on the Monday - given that it includes the aural, you'll be in exams until late in the day, leaving you with less time than usual). I would therefore definitely reccommend that you cover some of the essentials over the weekend.

What are the essentials of business? Obviously the ABQ. Beyond that, I would strongly, strongly advise learning the EU chapter - it is long, but it has been a constant on the paper for the last few years. Business calculations also usually make an appearance - taxation etc. After that, you just need to complete two other long questions - be aware of marketing, management and international trade and you may get away with it. Short questions are unpredictable, so I won't even bother making any reccommendations for them!

Hope that helps somewhat, good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

ALincoln wrote: »
    I was in this situation last year, so I know how difficult it is. The first advice I would give you is do it your way - give the most time to the subject in which you have more left to revise.

Having left business until the Monday night in my own LC, I will say that it is quite stressful (bear in mind that Irish Paper 1 is on the Monday - given that it includes the aural, you'll be in exams until late in the day, leaving you with less time than usual). I would therefore definitely reccommend that you cover some of the essentials over the weekend.

What are the essentials of business? Obviously the ABQ. Beyond that, I would strongly, strongly advise learning the EU chapter - it is long, but it has been a constant on the paper for the last few years. Business calculations also usually make an appearance - taxation etc. After that, you just need to complete two other long questions - be aware of marketing, management and international trade and you may get away with it. Short questions are unpredictable, so I won't even bother making any reccommendations for them!

Hope that helps somewhat, good luck!

thats brilliant.thanks million

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Jam-Fly

focus on business moreso. Irish PII is worth only a fraction of the overall % for the subject. Business is worth 100% of the subject

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

Jam-Fly wrote: »
    focus on business moreso. Irish PII is worth only a fraction of the overall % for the subject. Business is worth 100% of the subject

true plus i'm sure i did a good oral exam as well

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

for business revision what i find helpful is doing out the exam papers.
    just keep doing questions!

and if you can learn off the laws and characteristics ect you should be fine in business (the ABQ)
    my teacher also things that the wage calculations or the ratios will be up! and theyr fairly simple!
    and with the current climate id think how the govt creates a business environment will be up also!

btw, just remember at the begining of a question give a definition!

Good luck x

Advertisement