Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderline Europe countries

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Rb wrote: »
    I don't think there's a need for a debate on religion in this thread, however I will say that I oppose the religion and hope to never see become a major force on this Island and also in Europe.

I'm not too fond of organised religion in any form fwiw, and believe it has no place in politics, however I'd much rather a Christian government and Christian power in Europe than Islam.

Islam has had it's up's and downs so has Christianity. Islam is on a down swing now and Christianity is on an up swing, but that's not a permanent situation. From the 7th to the 13th century there was an Islamic golden age and the Islamic world was far in advance of the the Christian world which was gripped in the dark ages. Nothing in this world is permanent.

Have you ever been in a muslim country?

Yes I have been to Turkey many times, very friendly people and great culture. My dad worked in Iraq during the 70's and he describes it as a different world compared to today. Modern Islamic fundamentalists of today are largely a reaction to the imperialism of western countries during the 20th century.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

they are violent in reaction - like most people
    altho like most things there are crackpots

their reactions could be viewed in similar like to israel - all the years of abuse is bound to aggrevate and lead to retaliation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

no i have not - but that is not to say i do not know about other places, customs and religions

Well I have and I never want to see Ireland, or any other European country, in such a state.

I went with a relatively "meh" view of Islam and came back despising it.
    sink wrote: »
    Islam has had it's up's and downs so has Christianity. Islam is on a down swing now and Christianity is on an up swing, but that's not a permanent situation. From the 7th to the 13th century there was an Islamic golden age and the Islamic world was far in advance of the the Christian world which was gripped in the dark ages. Nothing in this world is permanent.

Yes but Christianity has progressed and "matured" and is trying it's best to keep with the times, whereas Islam seems to only want to regress.

It has indeed went in swings, but I would have to say there is a reason for Christianity's success at the moment.

It has indeed went in swings, but I would have to say there is a reason for Christianity's success at the moment.

I would say the success of the Christian world is largely down to the marginalisation of Christianity and less to do with the religion itself.

• Advertisement

ya you went to every islamic state - and every one with a islamic majority
    and talked to a wide range of people
    and have reson and just cause to judge it as a whole :(

child rape - keep up with the times? btb

yes - ireland is not a overly welcoming state in relation to integrating foreign groups and their outlooks and neccessary churches, schools etc

i think we knew that already

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I don't think Islam has a home in the EU, to be quite honest.

Wait the 3% of the UK, the 4% of Germany, 4% of france, 2.3% of spain and the 1.2% of Greece do not belong in the EU?

I mean thats 14.5% of the total population of the EU there alone?

Take in all the other states and we could be looking at most a fifth of the EU being islamic.

you cant argue with zenophobic rascists blitzrieg ^

they are by their very nature - bigoted, misinformed and ignorant

• Advertisement

Blitzkreig, indeed they are spreading through Europe like wildfire, yet they've ENORMOUS integration problems in almost every single country they go arrive in. They seem to enjoy segregation and tallying about the "R" card whenever suits, not to mention the apparent sense of entitlement they carry with them from country to country.

There has been plenty of immigration/emigration within the EU and in turn admirable integration by most peoples, yet muslims do not fit into this bracket.
    Conchubair wrote:
    yes - ireland is not a overly welcoming state in relation to integrating foreign groups and their outlooks and neccessary churches, schools etc

i think we knew that already

Shocking failure and I have to chortle at your attempt to call others "misinformed" and "ignorant" to be quite honest.

Not to mention the fact that your entire side of this argument appears to have come from watching the TV.

im not an ignorant xenophobic racist

say what you want about me...... (under a changed name as above)

did they get sexually abused there?

your discrimination against muslims is ambarassing and sickening

did they get sexually abused there?

your discrimination against muslims is ambarassing and sickening
    Well, I'm sure it would be to someone of such an ignorant stance to be honest.

Did the TV tell you that everyone has to get along?

The results that were published about that school are appalling and speak volumes, although I can see you're not someone who has much of an interest in education so it may be wasted on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Well, I'm sure it would be to someone of such an ignorant stance to be honest.

Did the TV tell you that everyone has to get along?

The results that were published about that school are appalling and speak volumes, although I can see you're not someone who has much of an interest in education so it may be wasted on you.

If you're as clever as you obviously think you are, you're clever enough not to be rudely dismissive of other posters.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

Scofflaw wrote: »
    If you're as clever as you obviously think you are, you're clever enough not to be rudely dismissive of other posters.

moderately,
    Scofflaw
    It was more a play at what he has in his signature, Scofflaw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭netron

well sarkozy seems to have knocked this Islam thing on the head

looks like the French are going to ban burqas

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/5603070/Nicolas-Sarkozy-burqa-not-welcome-in-France.html

netron wrote: »
    well sarkozy seems to have knocked this Islam thing on the head

looks like the French are going to ban burqas

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/5603070/Nicolas-Sarkozy-burqa-not-welcome-in-France.html
    Excellent news.

Hopefully we see this spread throughout the EU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭netron

Excellent news.

Hopefully we see this spread throughout the EU.

he's playing games though. he knows its against EU law.

EU Charter on Fundemental Rights - will probably go to the ECJ and after a long long court case, the French will be overruled.

• Advertisement

as it should

''this islam thing''

you know i did hear it was new - ****ing christ....... ignorance

Advertisement