Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wolverine, micro review.

• 04-06-2009 6:25pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A strangely fascinating game. Its both great and boring at the same time. The missions are well written and the atmosphere is good, the scenes are very nicely designed and rendered but the game play is quite repetitive. The end of level boss is the same every level. So much so that for several levels my mate and I were saying "hey, didnt we just kill this guy? doesnt he ever quit?"

The differeing ways you can slice and dice people never get old, which is just as well because you will be doing a lot of it. a LOT of it.

The story seems grand and the set pieces are really well done (like the vertigo inspiring ledge walking and running up the bridge as it falls etc...) but the main baddy being the same every time is a snorefest and the limit opponent types gets old after a while.

I'm still playing it (just rescued the girl) so its worth a look but I wouldnt go over 30 euro for it.

Anyone else played it?

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I really liked Wolverine. Its a great rental for a week, but I don't think I'd buy it.

You're only on the first section (of 5!), so you still have a long way to go. Later levels introduce different enemies, and there is nice variety in the graphics between the levels. While the first boss battle (against
    Victor
    ) is pretty simple, later boss battles are very cool, especially
    The Sentinel
    in Area 3 and
    Gambit
    in Area 4.

The game does have issues though:

1. I think they rushed the last level. The end of the movie gave lots of scope for a cool final level, but it came across as rushed and anticlimactic.

2. One of the achievements in the game is to collect 95 dog tags. If you miss one, you have no way of finding out where it was.

3. Periods of slowdown when lots of explosions were on the screen (especially in big set-pieces).

Its a really fun game though, and definitely bucks "games-based-on-movies-are-awful" trend.

8/10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Yeah, Wolverine is a fun game. Those boss battles were really great and some of levels were very well designed. It does seem like a little more polish would've made it a truly great action game, but it did the job. So much better than the movie too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Tut. I thought Dev and Mr E would know about the Games review section :pac:

On topic, I thought it was without a doubt one of the best licensed games ive ever played but bugger me it gets repetivite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

that sounds like a review of assassins creed, looks great, can be fun, amusing killing animations but its rinse/repeat for all the levels

Advertisement