Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boat Ride Sat Morning

Options
  • 04-06-2009 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Anyone able to give me contact info on companies running boat rides this Sat morning from the Docks? Something for no longer than an hour! Have accidentally promised the niece n nephew!!!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Not Island Ferries , €60 for an adult :(

Maybe get there early before they are busy and haggle with the boatsmen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭JOM34

Actually heard about that shower on Joe Duffy on Weds! What a rip off! Think there's a few offering 20/person trips. Must have a trawl thru the Advertiser...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Bow Waves are offering sailing trips @ €35 per person - Try haggling for children. It's much longer than an hour I think though. Their number is 091-560560. There's also 'Claddagh Charters' and a few others. If you literly wanted a quick blast on the water you could always just pay the €2 per person and do a circle out to the boat moorings and back

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭buzz55

Bow waves is a power/motor boat as opposed to a yacht isn't it? And explain more about the €2 circle out to the boats on visitor moorings please - from where?

Wouldn't mind going out to watch the start of the race tomorrow but can't face being on water for more than 3 hours (dreaded sea sickness).

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

buzz55 wrote: »
    ... can't face being on water for more than 3 hours (dreaded sea sickness).

I'm sure you'd be fine. Just make sure you stay on deck for the duration of the trip. If you feel sickness coming on, keep looking at the horizon.
    If you are really afraid of getting sea sickness, get some Sea Legs or Sturgeron from your local chemist and start taking some the night before. :)

ValerieR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

I'm looking for something along the same lines for 2 adults. An hour or more out there would be mighty

Rang bow waves earlier this morning. It's a yacht, according to lady on phone. 35 for adults & 20 for a kid. 2 hour trip. Leaving every 2 hours from 10am. Gonna go with that methinks!

Does anyone have a number for claddagh charters to see what their rate is?

JOM34 wrote: »
    Rang bow waves earlier this morning. It's a yacht, according to lady on phone. 35 for adults & 20 for a kid. 2 hour trip. Leaving every 2 hours from 10am. Gonna go with that methinks!

Only have free slots at 10am-12 now so will be back before they head off. bummer. 12-2 is obviously full up now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Does anyone have a number for claddagh charters to see what their rate is?

Their rate is 20euro per person (don't know if its different for kids)

TBH i'd choose a yacht over a trawler/fishing boat because with a yacht you get a more of a 'hands on' buzz

• Advertisement

Went on de bow waves trip...great buzz...fantastic...lovely people!

Advertisement