Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porting to vodafone

• 04-06-2009 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

I purchased a contract tocco from vodafone online the other day and it arrived on Wednesday. All good. Vodafone were to port me from o2 today but it still has not happened.

Now was I supposed to call them to get them to port or will the port happen anyways of its own accord. I don't want to have to call them if I can avoid it.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

They ask you online when ordering when do you want to port.

I best leave that till the morning as they don't port numbers at this hour of the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Give them a call, I moved my broadband to Vodafone from BT and was pleasantly surprised with their quick and helpful answers to my queries.
    BT was a nightmare and I dreaded having to call support.

1 week later, still not ported. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

you have to ring them

the port may have been rejected by the Donor operator.

eg: When an agent submits a request to port he's put in your details like customer type, account number etc.
    If the agent makes a typo, & the account number is incorrect the Automated porting application will reject the port for the incorrect information supplied.

Ring vodafone on 1907 and they will confirm its status.
    If it does need to be resubmitted give the agent a call as they should still have your application forms in store and be able to resubmit the port for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

A week is way too long, something's gone wrong somewhere. Even 3, who are terrible when it comes to porting, don't take that long; they took 3 days to port me to O2. Ring Vodafone first and then O2 to check up on it.

I have called them 3 times. Sick of it.

Excuse 1, no record of my order.
    Excuse 2, port rejected by o2 reason given not an o2 number? :eek:
    Excuse 3, manual port being put thru, still not done some 48 hours later.

I can't be arsed calling them again. Their agents are desperate to get rid of you.
    This was all done online so there are no forms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

Maybe try the O2 forums? The guys there are usually great at fixing these things. http://forums.o2online.ie/index.php
    Since you're number isn't ported, you should still be able to use it to set up an account. If you can't set one up, I can contact them for you if you'd like.

Judging by the fact that O2 said it wasn't an O2 number, it seems likely that there's a typo somewhere.

Ok, still not on Vodafone.

I sent them a letter on Tuesday, enclosing a copy of my o2 bill giving them until close of business tomorrow to port me or the contract is void. No a sausage in response so far.

Roll on tomorrow evening and thanks Vodafone for a clean unlocked tocco. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭magconn

Im getting same crap 2d! Ported from o2 to VF simply, and waiting all day for my sim to activate. Ring vf, port rejected by o2 ! Huh?? Wouldnt mind but i called o2 before i ported to see what story was with contract and she said the port process would sort everything out, nothing else required !
    Here's hoping mr vodafone rings me back with the answer !
    ooh, he just did, have to go to a VF store and resubmit details ! Apparently account number mismatch! D'oh!

• Advertisement

O2 seem to be doing that alot lately according to VF. Had the exact same issue and it took until last Monday to get sorted. It seems that o2 are not too keen on loosing their contract customers to other networks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭magconn

Yeah, went straight to nearest VF shop, had to bring all the usual crap, and he did another port, and even he had to ring through cos the online system gave a referral number, but it got done, and my sim was active in 30 mins! So id say even though its a pain in the ass, the vodafone shop is the handiest way, as they can easily bounce the online port:)

Advertisement