Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nikon d90 in Heathrow - Should I Buy??

• 04-06-2009 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hi Everyone. this is my first post in the photography section.
    My question is....I'm in the market for a Nikon D60 or 90. The D90 is £700 in heathrow dixontaxfree. They have one reserved for me till sunday. That works out at around 820 euro. They seem to be 1100euro here in a bricks and mortar shops.
    Am i missing something?
    Here is the link to the product in dixons.
    http://www.dixonstaxfree.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseaction=imaging.view&section=imaging&group=13&pro_id=7000606

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.:)
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

I'd go for it......seems like a good price, you won't have to pay any taxes either. Same D90 on warehouseexpress.com for 766 sterling !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

I have a D90 and love it. Wish I could have paid that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Tradnuts

Thanks for your replys.
    Ya, it seems like a great price. And i'm not even going over, its a good friend is gonna pick it up for me.
    I've been pricing it around in lots of places.
    pixmania have it for 930euro, plus shipping, so i reckon i'll go for it.

If anyone else has anything to add, i'd love to hear it!
    Ta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Sounds like a good enough deal to me. Go for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Its a good price for it so you might as well. I tried to get one from there back in february but they were sold out unfortunately.

Its a great camera btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

I'd go for it......seems like a good price, you won't have to pay any taxes either. Same D90 on warehouseexpress.com for 766 sterling !

Warehouse express tried to charge me over £52 to ship an 85mm 1.8 lens to belfast as they don't ship to the south. God knows what they'd charge to ship a D90? £700 is a bargain if they are €1100 here. I saved myself over €100 on an 32GB I-touch in Dixons Heathrow a few weeks ago. Go for it!

Advertisement