Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MP5K dose anyone know much about them?

Options
  • 04-06-2009 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

dose anyone know much about them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

what do you want to know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭paddy 1916

are they a good gun?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

the galaxy ones are savage,,,,,,, cheap AND bulletproof internals! :D

They're grand for CQB but if you're taking the action outdoors you probably wont be getting the range or accuracy you need for medium-long range engagements.

As far as the gun itself, they're pretty good , don't have one myself but i've been told they're good
    Cheap and cheerful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Gaiscioch (^.^)

its fantastic, love it, seems unbreakable so far... ive droped/trown/smashed mine into trees, rocks mud and works perfect... i found it great for long range oddly, hits dead on even tho it has a tiny barrel. it has pritty much the same range as most rifles (im always teasing a friend who has G&G M16 r4 because mine shoots anywhere he can reach)

Just a fantastic aeg all around and so cheap!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Toasty113

I have one. Dont really like it. the upper reciever cracked a bit when my mam stepped on it:( and I had some trouble with classic army mid-caps, i.e. didnt feed at all. Decent range for such a small gun. Hop up had a tendancy to go on when I'd fired a bit through it (some tape solved that problem)

All in all, if you like it, its a good gun. Wont win any awards for accuracy, but its great a side arm if your a sniper. Or just want to carry as many guns as possible!

Toasty113 wrote: »
    and I had some trouble with classic army mid-caps, i.e. didnt feed at all.

Thats cause CA are s***e

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Toasty113

Craigsy wrote: »
    Thats cause CA are s***e

A month ago I would have disagreed, but since my CA36 broke three times in the last 5 games ive been to (last weekend part of the bevel gear burst into many pieces) I can safely say lesson learned.

So dont but the classic army MP5K!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭MiniAirsofter

They are a great gun, but I put a new hop up in mine and that made a huge difference. Also, they fit in a UMP holster too:D. A great backup.

Toasty113 wrote: »
    A month ago I would have disagreed, but since my CA36 broke three times in the last 5 games ive been to (last weekend part of the bevel gear burst into many pieces) I can safely say lesson learned.

So dont but the classic army MP5K!

I've said it before and i'll say it again, you'd get more value for money from a CA product if you wiped your arse with it, in fact i wouldn't even rely on CA brand bog roll.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

I've two mp5k's by Galaxy - one I bought from Eirsoft about 2 years ago, painted in multicam which I've hammered, loaned out, dropped and abused (cracked/broke the front frame and a few other dings) - but it still rocks!!

The other - I bought some months ago from Dave at Opscommand. Got it as a backup for the first which I love (and to dual wield!):D but I havent even fired a full mag through it yet! :o. Despite my abuse - the first is still going too strong!

The Galaxy K has an incredible range and a great rate of fire - straight from the box.
    Only thing is - get a new battery - the stock one is "not great".:p
    Also, the sling attachment ring at the back is weak (same on the TM I think).
    I drilled through the pin and stuck a ring on it and it's as strong as hell now. I use it with a one piece sling.
    Havent used it recently as I've gotten sick of hi-caps and need to get a box of midcaps.

Mine shoots at 300fps (stock) - amazing little bit of kit!

Couldnt recommend them high enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Shotgun Magic

got a Galaxy MP5K a few days now and had no problems with the gun. the magazine was a bit iffy buy i am getting a new one. the accuracy is really good for such a small barrel and yes upgrade to a 9.6v batt cause the rof is only average with the stock. the range is good too and the hop up :)
    all in all I recommend this gun :D
    Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

got a Galaxy MP5K a few days now and had no problems with the gun. the magazine was a bit iffy buy i am getting a new one. the accuracy is really good for such a small barrel and yes upgrade to a 9.6v batt cause the rof is only average with the stock. the range is good too and the hop up :)
    god... buy a stubby thriller ;)

My K is great... its got a sadistic kick for an aeg... and great accuracy and noise... lovely little blaster... feeds awesomely on mag midcaps, and the stock battery was bad... but i got an 8.4 decent one... and it improved response time, the rof imo, is just where it should be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Like Firekitten; I got a decent 8.4V battery and the rof increased dramatically over the stock battery. Personally I wouldnt bother with the 9.6V. It will only decrease the life of the little mighty.
    Mags can be iffy ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

i got one yesterday but its overhopping even at full hop unadjustment

any tips

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

0.23's/0.25's i know its not a fix but their extremely effective in that little beast even with the stock hop and nub ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭paddy 1916

Tigger wrote: »
    i got one yesterday but its overhopping even at full hop unadjustment

any tips
    Lads thanks for all the help.i got the gun..its a gun one:D:D
    i have the same problem.with it overhopping?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If its just new I'd put a good few mags through it first. Hop-ups wear in after a while. It should settle in if you do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

If its just new I'd put a good few mags through it first. Hop-ups wear in after a while. It should settle in if you do that.

@ scope .25's are over hopping .3's are dear and i really plan to only use them in semi and the glocks

@ lethal i reckon that's the way to go; the gun needs nothing and she shooting at 318 which is my exact target when i mess around with aegs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

Tigger the best thing is to give the barrel and a mag well a good clean.

It worked for me!

• Advertisement
Advertisement