Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Players for Sale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Props are fun to train plus having a really good prop is equal to having another backrow in the ME.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Phonehead wrote: »
    Props are fun to train plus having a really good prop is equal to having another backrow in the ME.

Competition from Poland. Damn you Monkstown!

Yeah, I was actually thinking of using him short-term as a backrow, or rather sell off some of my older backrows, promote lads from the 2nds and get him regular game time. I've a 23 year old prop I was training up to eventually take over from the 1st team star, but I can just accelerate those plans. May mean the scrum is a bit shaky for half a season, but in the long run it'll be grrrrand.

edit: Although... must check on the height tolerances. Just noticed this lad is 189cm. Both of my current young props are 183cm and my trainee hooker is 179cm.
    Looking at my team, I've 5 players over 130kg. Man I'm such a chubby chaser!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Competition from Poland. Damn you Monkstown!

Yeah, I was actually thinking of using him short-term as a backrow, or rather sell off some of my older backrows, promote lads from the 2nds and get him regular game time. I've a 23 year old prop I was training up to eventually take over from the 1st team star, but I can just accelerate those plans. May mean the scrum is a bit shaky for half a season, but in the long run it'll be grrrrand.

Anytime Fewi! I should be back in Ireland for the u20 World cup anyway, and I wouldn't let him get capped for Poland. So because he was an acadamy player he'd automatically switch nationality regardless of time spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

yeah, he could be a short heavy back row either. Props are fun for U20. and then they start tearing it up in open field when they get 150k CSR plus.

Oh and I think you should see how high that autobid goes. :D

I'm calling it............... BOARDS TRANSFER WAR.... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT:D

• Advertisement

Well I have a bit of cash to spend, and another player being sold whose currently at 620k and still have 4 days to go. So we'll see.. I do have a cut off point though... or do I?

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    Well I have a bit of cash to spend, and another player being sold whose currently at 620k and still have 4 days to go. So we'll see.. I do have a cut off point though... or do I?

That's some serious smack talk........ you gonna let him bitch slap you in public Fewi???:eek: I'm so angry for you I almost smacked the screen... almost....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Currently for sale, deadline 22.48 tonight, at 37,000 in case anyone is interested. I know you like them over 130kg Fewi :p

Keith%20Cooper.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Zagato wrote: »
    Currently for sale, deadline 22.48 tonight, at 37,000 in case anyone is interested. I know you like them over 130kg Fewi :p

Keith%20Cooper.png

Also like unbelievably good discipline, otherwise I'd be all over that guy! :D

A bidding war eh? I do have a lot of cash burning a whole in my pocket... but I could easily wait for a shorter prospect to come along. Or just invest in that 3mil SA player. :D

You can have him Fewi, I picked up a beast from Italy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Fewi would want to bid then...some damned foreigner is highest bidder at the mo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Dwayne Hoskins

Selling one of my younger lads because i've too much competition at FB. Can mould him into an excellent player with a little bit more training.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Israel_Dagg

Bought this guy for 14k a few weeks ago. What do ye think? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Bought this guy for 14k a few weeks ago. What do ye think? :)

What guy?

Oops.

Here.

8235120891_a913d21587.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

im not sure what your asking mate but if your patience you could get a player as good at 17yrold cheap

seanand wrote: »
    im not sure what your asking mate but if your patience you could get a player as good at 17yrold cheap

I thought it was a bargain anyways, considering I only started playing a couple months ago :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

I thought it was a bargain anyways, considering I only started playing a couple months ago :)

Yeah it's good that you got a young player, the rest of your team is very old. You have to be careful that your team won't all have dropped badly in a season or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Oops.

Here.

8235120891_a913d21587.jpg

I don't know that I'd play him at 4 though, he might be a good hooker with his build and flawless discipline? That or a 7?

corny wrote: »
    Dwayne Hoskins

Selling one of my younger lads because i've too much competition at FB. Can mould him into an excellent player with a little bit more training.

Can't believe i got 1.25M for this fella. People be crazy.

I know! Any player who is 17-19 and 50kcsr + will go for big bucks.

Selling another flanker. This fella was favourite back in the day:(

Scores well at 6.

[URL="[url=http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=14&u=15279911][img]http://i17.servimg.com/u/f17/15/27/99/11/untitl10.jpg[/img][/url]"][/url]untitl10.jpg

Stop selling backrows corny :p .. I'll be forced to keep buying!

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    Stop selling backrows corny :p .. I'll be forced to keep buying!

Problem is the new lad i bought doesn't want any help!

That and his wages are fooking killing me;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Scullin is the type of player I'm after,defence maybe a bit low otherwise he's perfect for me,is he close to popping in defence do you reckon?

Scullin is the type of player I'm after,defence maybe a bit low otherwise he's perfect for me,is he close to popping in defence do you reckon?

he just popped last week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

he just popped last week

Thanks JS

Advertisement