Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Summer work suggestions?

• 04-06-2009 8:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just finished college, will be doing a masters in September but I am desperately looking for a job for any period over the summer in Waterford.

I have 3-4 years good retail experience.

I could also do any kind of office work;
    • I have experience of every aspect of Microsoft Office
    • I can build macros etc. for financial accounts
    • I have knowledge of C++, visual Basicand a few other programming languages
    • I can build websites from scratch
    • I have experience of building a database for a large Irish client, and can link databases to websites
    • I have experience of many datamining and other statistical techniques, have experience with SAS, SPSS, Datadesk, R etc.

I would be willing to do any kind of work however, and my only limiting factor is my inability to drive, I will be doing my test over the summer.

Does anyone have any suggestions of places that may be hiring temp staff, or any internship possibilities?
    thanks for your help.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

What languages for web development?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Mostly PHP and MySQl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I thought that said Ann Summers work suggestions... I was going to book you

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

trishw78 wrote: »
    I thought that said Ann Summers work suggestions.

I thought it said that as well...weird

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Pop up to carriganore. Might be something there for you. Put a CV into all the places there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Cabaal wrote: »
    I thought it said that as well...weird
    Me three!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

dlofnep wrote: »
    Pop up to carriganore. Might be something there for you. Put a CV into all the places there.
    I doubt it if you are thinking of a 4 letter organisational arm of the WIT, cause I know they announced a new wave of lay offs last week. Mostly developer positions because money is drying up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I doubt it if you are thinking of a 4 letter organisational arm of the WIT, cause I know they announced a new wave of lay offs last week. Mostly developer positions because money is drying up.

Ah fair enough..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I thought that as well :D

Advertisement