Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

rent relief

• 04-06-2009 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭

Citizens advice informed me that im entitled to rent relief since 2006. i got the forms, my landlord has filled out his part(we have been tenants of his since 2006) and sent them off\

After 2 months of hearing nothing I emailed them last week because wanted to see had they recieved my forms at all- and never heard anything back from them.

So i called them on friday(just gone) and they have recieved my forms but "havnt gotten to them yet"

Then today i get an emailing saying "Your Rent 1 forms have been processed & P21 balancing statements issued yesterday."

I have NO IDEA what they mean by this(im a thicko) Does this mean we are not entitled to anything?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Ticktactoe

Citizens advice informed me that im entitled to rent relief since 2006. i got the forms, my landlord has filled out his part(we have been tenants of his since 2006) and sent them off\

After 2 months of hearing nothing I emailed them last week because wanted to see had they recieved my forms at all- and never heard anything back from them.

So i called them on friday(just gone) and they have recieved my forms but "havnt gotten to them yet"

Then today i get an emailing saying "Your Rent 1 forms have been processed & P21 balancing statements issued yesterday."

I have NO IDEA what they mean by this(im a thicko) Does this mean we are not entitled to anything?

Your balancing statements will tell you if you are due anything back. You will get one for each year you are claiming i.e 2006, 2007, 2008 and if claiming this year an up to date tax credit certificate. At the bottom of the face page of the P21 balancing statement it will show what you are/are not due back. Under this it should give a line or two explaining the balance.

The back of the balancing statement will give a break down of your credits for the year in question and also your income and deductions.

Take a look at the statements when they arrived. If you dont understand them, give Revenue a call and they will talk you through it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

Ticktactoe wrote: »
    Your balancing statements will tell you if you are due anything back. You will get one for each year you are claiming i.e 2006, 2007, 2008 and if claiming this year an up to date tax credit certificate. At the bottom of the face page of the P21 balancing statement it will show what you are/are not due back. Under this it should give a line or two explaining the balance.

The back of the balancing statement will give a break down of your credits for the year in question and also your income and deductions.

Take a look at the statements when they arrived. If you dont understand them, give Revenue a call and they will talk you through it. :)

Thanks. Hoping we are entitled to something back would really help:)

still nothing has arrived:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

i recently applied for a rent tax credit online at paye anytime. i have been paying to a private landlord for the last year and should be entitled to a few bob.

I requested the claim two days ago and when i checked online it says "claimed" on the tax credit. does this mean i am going to be getting some money soon or what? I have never applied for any rent tax credits before so dont know what the deal is.

Lets says "claimed" means accepted. does this mean some money will be due to me soon?

Thanks.

Called revenue today

there was a mistake - the p21 was only issued YESTERDAY (even though they told me it was done on june 2nd)

Anyway the woman told me i was owed 332euro- but she never said weather that was all together or just for one year(i applied for 06, 07, 08 and this year in the one envelope)

Anyone have any idea- because(dont mean to sound greedy) but that seems very low for 3 years worth of rent relief

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Called revenue today

there was a mistake - the p21 was only issued YESTERDAY (even though they told me it was done on june 2nd)

Anyway the woman told me i was owed 332euro- but she never said weather that was all together or just for one year(i applied for 06, 07, 08 and this year in the one envelope)

Anyone have any idea- because(dont mean to sound greedy) but that seems very low for 3 years worth of rent relief

thanks

Does sound a little low but one would assume she meant €332 in total. I got more than that (450 I think) back for four years but only paying €250 rent per month.

Called revenue today

thanks

It depends on how much tax you have paid in those years. The figure 332 seems like an odd figure for just one year but then it must be noted that when a review is carried out by revenue after a credit is claimed, its a Balancing statement that is issued so its not only the credit that is taken into account but also if you have overpaid or underpaid tax.

The only way you will get a proper answer to this query is if you wait for you balancing statements to arrive and take a look at them or ring revenue back and ask them to go through it with you. :)

bogwalrus wrote: »
    i recently applied for a rent tax credit online at paye anytime. i have been paying to a private landlord for the last year and should be entitled to a few bob.

I requested the claim two days ago and when i checked online it says "claimed" on the tax credit. does this mean i am going to be getting some money soon or what? I have never applied for any rent tax credits before so dont know what the deal is.

Lets says "claimed" means accepted. does this mean some money will be due to me soon?

Thanks.

Where does it say 'claimed' on PAYE online?
    If it appeared under 'tax credits and incomes' section before you applied then it means that you were getting the relief already.

Prob best ring revenue and ask as they have all your details in front of them and from that will be able to explain it to you. :)

This has FINALLY been sorted- p21 came and i got a good bit of money:D

Advertisement