Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo ODST and Reach....

Options
  • 04-06-2009 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

ODST is getting even better value with Reach multiplayer Beta codes being given away. Opinions on both please!!

I for one am getting concerned when playing online now with the shear number of maps, and ODST will introduce even more, I'm finding it hard to play one of my favourite maps. With the introduction of ODST, I'd like some kind of matchmaking filter for a playlist on 3 or 5 maps of your choice.

And how will the Reach beta work? I'm thinking a vast download.....:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Zippitydoo

Yeah Reach has got me interested alright, to be honest I have no idea what to expect at all, still can't wait though!

ODST looks amazing, way better than I had predicted. The firefight mode looks really in depth, and while looks to be quite similar to Horde mode, it looks like they've built on it a lot and added a lot more variety than horde mode ever did. Cannot wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

It'll be a big download, kind of like the WAW beta that was made available last Autumn.

There's lots of maps in Halo alright but that's why I love it. Sure if you want to play certain maps you can play a custom game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 darkraverTC

The beta comes on the disc apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

i cried a little when i seen the previewing trailer for ODST then they mentioned reach :pac: :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

can't wait myself.

not a player of halo online but few guys around and split screen is awesome.

ODST does look very good so far and Reach...well i'm damn well intrigued!

• Advertisement

Yeah I love the way they've kept Reach a secret until now, means we only have to wait a little over a year for it! Man I just love the way Bungie work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭SoulReaperDan1

They're nice and mysterious alright. I thought the halo franchise was kind of over for them and they were moving onto other things after the microsoft split. Bungie will never let the Spartan go :D

Can you blame them? It took them years to get the halo franchise right, and it has great depth to it now so I'm content for it to keep going. So many possibilites... as long as they don't screw it up. But I think i've pretty much loved everything they've done since Marathon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

I dont think they know how to mess a game up. Even when they try there hardest they turn out something special.

Id say the fire fight mode will be amazing.

Im looking forward to seeing what bungie will do with the Halo engine in Reach,alot of people complained about the games graphics ( these people are idiots) so id say bungie will want to prove a point in the next one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭X AcT X EviL

I got an in-game message today while playing halo 3 that if you pre-order ODST you can play as Sgt. Johnson in firefight mode. To the shops!!(When its available)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 beefygrandmole

i can't wait for this game :) i looks awesome it's kinda going back to combat evolved with the health packs and original pistol and the story looks great and i never managed to pick up all the maps so i'm gonna wait to get them with this along with the reach beta :D

Loads of good stuff out of Comic Con including the Anime series that hasent even been mentioned here yet!!

Trying to keep shoryuken stuffed with halo news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭X AcT X EviL

I just pre-ordered it. I can't wait!!

Did everyone download the Desperate Measures ViDoc straight away? I for one am so happy Nathan Fillion has a seemingly large part in it. Plus he's been motion captured :D Everyone seems to have a great personality in it. Its shaping upto be truly excellent :cool:

Yeah got it straigh away, there is a new one coming this week I believe. Trisha Helfer is also mo-capped they both look amazing in it.

Month and a bit to go!

Does anyone know if Gamestop are participating in the Sgt. Johnson pre-order reward thing? I pre-ordered it today from gamestop and the guy didn't have a clue, I'm worried cos I see that gamestop in the U.S. are participating, but in the u.k Gamestop arent listed! :mad:

Looks like your not going to be able to use Firefight in matchmaking.

Means it could be a pain to get a game if your friends arent online!

Burn. Sounds unusually half-assed of Bungie, it couldn't have taken 6 months in the slightest, I can't imagine how the match making lobbies would've been vastly different to the ones already in place in Halo 3. Besides, I would have waited that long.....:eek:

whats the deal wit the sgt johnson thing

i pre ordered it with the controller since u get a rach preview thing with it too

anyone know?

• Advertisement

i think i just pee'd a little

that was friggin amazing, i love all those trailers they do, AMAZING

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

in case you haven't heard,

ODST is available in the usual illegal places.

It's a perma ban however according to MS if ya play before the release date.

I believe it was a store in france that actually sold a copy over the counter that was the first.

Seen a couple of gameplay vids from it...nom nom.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

kaimera wrote: »
    in case you haven't heard,

ODST is available in the usual illegal places.

It's a perma ban however according to MS if ya play before the release date.

Asda, sent out my copy of ODST yesterday, chances are I will have it before the 22nd, I take it you won't get perma banned if they realise it's a ligit copy and not a torrent copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

The day it came out (today) I already have it complete on legendary too, I mean like, It was amazingly EASY! giving a few miss haps here n there... but still easy enough!

yeah i picked it up and had it finished in a few hours

not as epic ending as 1 or 3... but its not bad, nice to have a different prespective on it, but yeah it aint that hard

and yeah the johnson bonus things were in game in Liffey valley i did have to ask for it though but there was a couple of them there, there were people pre ordered it in front of me didnt mention it and didnt get the johnson bonus... i ended up getting the collectors pack with the controller it was 67 or something with some games traded in

does anyone know when u trade in games that were alreayd preowned do you get significantly less for them in value? ....cause i noticed u can just pick the preowned barcode sticker off the back of the case but always wondered if the original code is on the system or something

• Registered Users Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

played it for a few mins last night, got stuck (gave up pretty quickly) at the point where you approach the phone on the second level i think and
    an audio file plays of a woman who gets caught on a train or something along those lines, a 5g achievement follows this
    .Any ideas where you go next!?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Trilla wrote: »
    played it for a few mins last night, got stuck (gave up pretty quickly) at the point where you approach the phone on the second level i think and
    an audio file plays of a woman who gets caught on a train or something along those lines, a 5g achievement follows this
    .Any ideas where you go next!?

found it. Fairly simple actually

yeah ive gotten a few of those think there is 8 of those scattered around i got 3 its rather annoying tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Where the hell is the beta version of Reach?!?!

• Advertisement

next year... you get to try the beta version of it... hold onto your odst disc were the instructions issued!

Advertisement