Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canvassing the day before an election

Options
  • 04-06-2009 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

I thought that there was no canvassing allowed on the day before an election. Is this not the case.
    Should it not be the case.?????
    They are all over the place.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

I'm fairly sure it's a media blackout, but the candidates themselves can continue canvassing. I also don't think there's any law against the print media reporting on it, but that it's voluntarily self-imposed by most publications - I could be wrong on that though.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Should it not be the case.?????

Why?
    Breezer wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure it's a media blackout, but the candidates themselves can continue canvassing. I also don't think there's any law against the print media reporting on it, but that it's voluntarily self-imposed by most publications - I could be wrong on that though.

It's not a media blackout, just radio and TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

monument wrote: »
    The radio was a little bit more boring today as a result it has to be said !

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭garbanzo

Breezer wrote: »

Bang on the nail here Breezer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭holidayhere

monument wrote: »
    Why?

Yes, I found that out later.
    We will miss th bit of politics at night now.
    Made for good conversation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

This is pretty much the same thread as this one down the page, with the same answer.

(yes. I'm totally aware you started this one first:), I could have kept either but not both so I just kept the longer one)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement