Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot Water Cylinder temp monitor

Options
  • 04-06-2009 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

Hi,
    I would like to know if there is any product which can be purchased which will tell you the curent temp of the water and the amount? I think so much of the hot water today is wasted because we dont know how to set the thermostat correctly or leave the emmersion on for ages just for a quick shower.

Thanks for any suggestions.
    Paul

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭hopalong_ie

Take the plactic over off the immersion "After you turn off the power". There will be a thermostat. It should be set to 60 - 63C. Its that simple. Once the tank has reached the temp set it will switch off the immersion. As for monitoring the temp in the tank, that would be quite difficult without multiple temp probs as the hot water rises to the top and the cost stays on the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Hi,
    I would like to know if there is any product which can be purchased which will tell you the curent temp of the water and the amount? I think so much of the hot water today is wasted because we dont know how to set the thermostat correctly or leave the emmersion on for ages just for a quick shower.

Thanks for any suggestions.
    Paul

Simple solution, Use the sink setting, saves you money and heats less water!

Or better still have a cold shower and enjoy the pointy nipples :D

Advertisement