Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton T90 si

Options
  • 04-06-2009 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭

Guys,

I have a Triton T90 si and every time we turn it on it trips out. I guess there is something shorting out somewhere. Is there anybody in the East Cork area who services these blasted contraptions or should I just get a new one.

Any advice wwould be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 kobs15

HI,
    What the problem might be is a loose connection on the power supply to the back of the shower, or a loose connection on the rcbo on the fuse board?
    Is this a new installation??
    If so is the right size cable used?
    It should be 8square cable by regulation, but alot of the time it is installed with 6 square which is perfectly fine.
    If it is installed with any smaller cable it will trip as the load on the smaller cable supply is to great.
    If its not a new installation it could be a faulty rcbo ( which is on the fuse board its a trip switch).
    If you are going to replace the unit, if its less than a year old it is covered by warranty.
    I would suggest a Dimplex powerscourt, there the exact same shower, (size, connections etc.) Also they give a 3year guarantee and are far cheaper and in my opinion more reliable than the triton t90.

This is advice from a plumber!

Post back results icon7.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭pmq71

I had the same problem with this shower a few years ago. I took the front cover off and saw that it was water spraying inside from a loose outlet pipe assembly when I turned the shower on (from the main switch safely outside the shower). Cheap part and easy fix for me.

See part 17 in the diagram below for where the outlet pipe assembly is:

http://www.showerdoc.co.uk/shower-spares/triton/T90SI%20Pumped%20Electric.html

Might only need a ring washer reseated if there is one inside the fitting so worth checking that first before ordering a new part. Also check the waterproofing on the thread where the shower hose gets attached at the bottom in case water is spraying up into the shower unit housing from there - might need new tape wound onto it.

Advertisement