Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FFVII ON EURO SHOPS !!!!!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd say don't by this game for a separate reason. The PAL version on this game is an absolutely disgraceful conversion. Massive borders that will look even worse and more squashed on the widescreen TV's on today, sluggish gameplay since it runs 17% slower which also ruins the music and poor visual quality due to the poor pal conversion. Get on ebay get some US PSN points and download the definitive english version from the US store.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭knuth

Hmm, good point.

I downloaded the ****ing thing and it's corrupt!

Grr.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'd say don't by this game for a separate reason. The PAL version on this game is an absolutely disgraceful conversion. Massive borders that will look even worse and more squashed on the widescreen TV's on today, sluggish gameplay since it runs 17% slower which also ruins the music and poor visual quality due to the poor pal conversion. Get on ebay get some US PSN points and download the definitive english version from the US store.

I don't use the PSN store that much, so just looking for clarification on this. We can buy US versions of games over here? obviously, like you said, we need US PSN points but i'd be willing to do that for an old friend like FFVII :D

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pablod

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Are you referring to downloading the Pal version through the European PSN store?
    Was thinking of getting it, but if its corrupt or crap quality?????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Well, its exactly the same PAL game that was released back in '97. So the quality is the same as that, and assuming you played the original PAL (and have no notion of the US version) then it'll be fine for you.

It's perfect for playing on the PSP. Im currently playing it with the Zoom function on, which gets rid of the black borders.

Am about to infiltrate Shinra HQ - love this bit :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pablod

yeah, I played the PS1 version (loved it) have not seen nor played the US version,
    So, might go ahead and download on the PS3 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Downloaded this earlier, even though I've still got my (mint!) PS1 original! I'd love to make a direct comparision between the PAL/NTSC versions, maybe I'll get the version from the American PSN sometime. When I'm feeling silly!

Haven't played this in about 8 years, but I still remember it very well. Hopefully Suikoden 1 and 2 will come out here soon too, then PSN will be RPG heaven! I'm sure Retrogamer agrees about that!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Lets just say with the PAL version of the game ignorance is bliss. If you play the NTSC version you would never go back to the PAL version for fear of vomiting in disgust.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Mr. K wrote: »
    Haven't played this in about 8 years, but I still remember it very well. Hopefully Suikoden 1 and 2 will come out here soon too, then PSN will be RPG heaven! I'm sure Retrogamer agrees about that!
    Suikoden 1 is already up on the American PSN. :)

It is?

Suikoden 1 is good but Suikoden 2 needs to go up since it's a ridiculously good game. There's no PS1 RPG that beats it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

How do you download from the US store?

Surely it just automatically connects to your regions store?

Looks like I might have to invest in a bigger memory stick too as it's a 1.3GB download.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I finally cracked and created a US PSN account to get Suikoden. I've only played the second one (to death!), so it's nice to finally play the the first. They'd better put the second one up and keep the feature where having a save from the end of the first game unlocks an awesome extra in the second!

Advertisement