Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Craft Brew Festival

• 04-06-2009 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Sorry, its in Boston Ma, the American Craft Brew Festival sponsored by Beer Advocate. Just got a copy of the "beer list", 75 brewers with over 300 craft brews, just an example

Boulder Beer Co. (CO)
    boulderbeer.com

Buffalo Gold (Golden Ale / 4.2%)
    Flashback Anniversary Ale (India Brown Ale / 7.0%)
    Hazed and Infused (Dry Hopped Amber Ale / 4.8%)
    Killer Penguin (Barley Wine / 10.0%)
    Mojo (American IPA / 7.2%)
    Mojo Risin (Double IPA / 11.0%)
    Oak Aged Never Summer (Strong Ale aged in Stranahan whiskey barrels / 6.2%)
    Sweaty Betty Blonde (Bavarian Wheat / 5.3%)

This is what a good market for craft brews can bring!

I'm volunteering for the event so I didn't have to pay the entrance ticket and still get to try the beer! Promises to be a good weekend!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Well if we're showing off :) I just got my free tickets to the first-day trade session of the Great British Beer Festival in London. 280 brewers with 450 beers from the UK alone, plus cask versions of some amazing American beers (there was Lost Abbey Angel's Share last year, and several from Dogfish Head), also most of the Irish craft beers on cask too. And it doesn't involve intercontinental travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭The_M

Dogfish Head is going to be in Boston as well, looking forward to it!

I just think that Ireland is where we were in the '80s, largely imported beer for variety or mass produced beer like Budeweiser here. A market has developed here for quality craft brewed beer and it can elsewhere when consumers vote with there feet!

Have fun in London!

Advertisement