Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia E75

• 04-06-2009 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭

What do you lads think of this phone? It has a grand keyboard by the look of it, anyone here used one yet? tis a bit expensive at the moment - just under 300 pound and the red one i want is hard to find, so might wait till after the summer

nokia-e75-qwerty-phone-3.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Not had much experience with it. Keyboard looks uber fat finger friendly!

Specs look decent enough
    http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_e75-2688.php

Camera is poor though :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Thought about it, but it seemed to be on Three only, and was fairly pricey. Looks the biz though/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

The good folk over at All About Symbian like it a lot ... "above average at everything" is how they describe it.

For me the screen would be on the small side but if you do an amount of typing it may be the one for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

whiterebel wrote: »
    Thought about it, but it seemed to be on Three only, and was fairly pricey. Looks the biz though/

well you can get them sim-free. prices will go down a good bit i'd say cause it only released in april

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The RED BLOOD ruins it for me

• Advertisement

long_b wrote: »
    The good folk over at All About Symbian like it a lot ... "above average at everything" is how they describe it.

For me the screen would be on the small side but if you do an amount of typing it may be the one for you

nice. i thought it would be getting criticised because it is about as far away from an iPhone you could get in the 'smartphone' world
    Davy wrote: »
    The RED BLOOD ruins it for me

they have em in 2 other colours. anything other than the black/silver one is going to be hard to find though. just like the red e51, e63

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Like another user mentioned, the screen is too small. Also, I prefer handsets with a slide-out keyboard to have a curve, so that the screen is at a better viewing angle e.g. Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1i, HTC Touch Pro2, Nokia N97 etc.

Rsaeire wrote: »
    Like another user mentioned, the screen is too small. Also, I prefer handsets with a slide-out keyboard to have a curve, so that the screen is at a better viewing angle e.g. Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1i, HTC Touch Pro2, Nokia N97 etc.

too bad those are all touch screen. i like the Communicator series - had a 9500 back in the day. even the E90 isnt bad now, hope they make a new one like that.

the E75 is like an E51 with a keyboard. i dunno i should almost get a E90 instead of E75

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

towel401 wrote: »
    What do you lads think of this phone? It has a grand keyboard by the look of it, anyone here used one yet? tis a bit expensive at the moment - just under 300 pound and the red one i want is hard to find, so might wait till after the summer

nokia-e75-qwerty-phone-3.jpg

Where did you find it for less than 300 pounds? Everywhere I have looked it is at least 350.

btw, is it out on three yet? Haven't seen it instore on henry st or grafton st and it is not in the online shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

towel401 wrote: »
    nice. i thought it would be getting criticised because it is about as far away from an iPhone you could get in the 'smartphone' world

they have em in 2 other colours. anything other than the black/silver one is going to be hard to find though. just like the red e51, e63

Red E51? Source?

• Advertisement

flodis79 wrote: »
    Where did you find it for less than 300 pounds? Everywhere I have looked it is at least 350.

btw, is it out on three yet? Haven't seen it instore on henry st or grafton st and it is not in the online shop.

theres a few on ebay, seen some for 299 from england.
    flodis79 wrote: »
    Red E51? Source?

http://cgi
    expansys had them as well but not anymore

Well i been reading some more about this phone and it turns out there is no proper email client.

There is only "Nokia messaging" which sends your password to Nokia and all your email goes through nokias server. it also turns out they are planning some deal with the operators to charge people separately for this service. the client itself is also a pile of ****e (i just installed it on my e51 to see what its like).

what a let down, the ordinary nokia email client works well for me but the E75 doesn't have it by the look of things

Edit: maybe not true, it might be possible to access email without Nokia's proxy but the client still sucks

Advertisement