Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you vote?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

You couldnt tell he's very hard working from his website.It tells you absolutely nothing.Very poor website.

So you judge candidates based on the quality of their websites?

Crowley, fyi, has the highest attendance rate of any Irish Mep, over 95%. He is also the chairperson of one of the groups in the Parliament. And before you go on about Ind/Dem, Crowleys group UEN actually engages with the EU instead of supplying pointless obstruction.
    Again going to his website,first port of call for many people,you would find absolutely nothing about his policies.

Perhaps in judging candidates you should actually visit some objective sources of information. If you want to find out who to vote for, its no point in seeing who has the best propaganda.

To this end, I went to the 2008 Treaty Debate in Cork which was debated between Sinnot and Crowley. I actually voted No. But Sinnot was a disgrace. She ducked and dived around everything and could not provide evidence to support her claims. Crowley, on the other hand, was cool and willing to engage with No-siders and explain himself, with reference to the treaty.
    She was the only MEP to take a voluntary 20% pay-cut earlier this year and will continue this reduced salary in the next parliamentary term.

Do you really want to start talking about Ms Sinnot and pay? Because you have just dug yourself a huge hole there. Check out this vid to see what Sinnot really thinks of money.
    She calls for stewardship of Irish territorial waters to be returned to Ireland. (I for one think we need to have more control over our own fish stocks)

I for one think that the common market has been a godsend for Ireland and one of the reasons for our economic boom, so Im ready to defend it. Unlike Sinnot who wants to go back to the old days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Hangsangwich

1. Dr. Alex Stafford (coz he's a Limerick man and a good man)
    2. Kathy Sinnott (coz she's Independent andanti-abortion)
    3. Alan Kelly (coz he's ok for a Tipp guy)
    4. Colm Burke (though civil-servant type, he is inoffensive
    5. Toireasa Ferris (though a Shinner, she's fine looking)

As for Crowley, with all his hard work, what has he achieved in the past 5 years?

As for Crowley, with all his hard work, what has he achieved in the past 5 years?

A lot more than Sinnot.

Ooops I forgot that time she voted against the commission solely because she agrees with the framework, and we all know how productive that was.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mrquiteaguy

Turgon "So you judge candidates based on the quality of their websites?"

Yes,When i cant see ONE thing on his website he has done or stands for.

Turgon "Crowley, fyi, has the highest attendance rate of any Irish Mep, over 95%. He is also the chairperson of one of the groups in the Parliament. And before you go on about Ind/Dem, Crowleys group UEN actually engages with the EU instead of supplying pointless obstruction."

This doesnt tell me anything about what he has achieved.

Turgon "Perhaps in judging candidates you should actually visit some objective sources of information. If you want to find out who to vote for, its no point in seeing who has the best propaganda."

Good God Man, I went to his website for information,no one elses! :Dlol

Turgon "Do you really want to start talking about Ms Sinnot and pay? Because you have just dug yourself a huge hole there. Check out this vid to see what Sinnot really thinks of money."

We all know Fianna Fail is the party of brown envelopes,winning bets on horses,tribunals about corruption :)

Turgon "To this end, I went to the 2008 Treaty Debate in Cork which was debated between Sinnot and Crowley. I actually voted No. But Sinnot was a disgrace. She ducked and dived around everything and could not provide evidence to support her claims. Crowley, on the other hand, was cool and willing to engage with No-siders and explain himself,"

I think you learnt how to duck and dive yourself :D
    You still haven't told me what Brian Crowley has achieved.
    Just put down Kathy Sinnott every chance you can.
    I think we get the message by now.;)

Turgon "I for one think that the common market has been a godsend for Ireland and one of the reasons for our economic boom, so Im ready to defend it. Unlike Sinnot who wants to go back to the old days."

400,000 unemployment,borrowing 25 billion euros,etc,.We are back to the old days. :)Boom is gone Big time Bust.

Hangsandwich "As for Crowley, with all his hard work, what has he achieved in the past 5 years?"

Its worst than that,he has been a MEP for 15 years.:) lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

I'm not in Sinnott's constituency but if I was she'd be another one left off my preference list. Doesn't matter how hard-working you are or how disabled your son is (and I do sympathize), once you send leaflets to Irish homes telling blatant lies about the EU interfering in our abortion and euthanasia laws you forfeit any chance of a preference from me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭eamo12

Ganley 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

1. Toiréasa Ferris
    2. Alan Kelly
    3. Sean Kelly

Crowley and Sinnot last on the ballot.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Something we won't find out, but would be interesting to know: how many people have done what I and several others have reported doing, and voted all the way down the ballot in order to put Declan Ganley last.
    Not only did I do so, I gave a SF candidate a higher preference than another candidate for the first time in my voting career.

I feel dirty.

This doesnt tell me anything about what he has achieved.

I know, that was just to dismiss your claim he doesnt work hard.
    Good God Man, I went to his website for information,no one elses! :Dlol

Yeah so I said to get some objective analysis, and you go to his website :confused:
    We all know Fianna Fail is the party of brown envelopes,winning bets on horses,tribunals about corruption :)

Yes we all know that Brian Crowley is completely separate from the FF Parliamentary Party, given his popularity despite FF, and the fact he gets elected first count so often. And he will top the poll this time, again.
    You still haven't told me what Brian Crowley has achieved.

Im not some defender of Crowley, and I dont have an indepth knowledge of what he has achieved. However its undoubtedly better than voting down the EU commission and general ranting.
    I think we get the message by now.;)

Do you really? Because if you posted here often you would realise Im highly anti-FF, and gave Crowley my 4th or 5th preference after the two Kellys and Burke.
    400,000 unemployment,borrowing 25 billion euros,etc,.We are back to the old days. :)Boom is gone Big time Bust.

And your blaming that on the EU Common Market?

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

EU - Pat The Cope (FF) No1, Paschal Mooney (FF) No2

Local - Patrick McGowan (FF) No1, Peter Carlin (FF) No2, Gerry Crawford (FF) No3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,416 ✭✭✭✭road_high

John Paul Phelan No. 1
    Mairead McGuinness No. 2

Advertisement