Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tramore credit union

Options
  • 04-06-2009 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭

Hello all this may seem like a rant but bare with me:D:D
    Ok so iv got a loan with my local credit union for X amount (iv had many loans off them b4 and never missed a payment)but lately iv been out off work and have only been able to give 40 a week when it should be 110 anyway i now have arrears off 800 and there hounding me!!!So today i called in to see the credit controller and she made it clear she would be bringing me to court practically if i dont make the payments!!!but im signing so i get 200 bucks my rent is a 100ish including bills i cant get rent allowance and i was going to go back to college but this may hamper that!!they also told me what my facebook said on my birthday about going on holidaYS then they had the balls to ask me to sell stuff to make my payments come down i mean what can i do :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Gulamugas

Dont Worry. If you have a good track record with them and you are making an efort to pay off what you owe them then they will be thrown out of court. will they not consider restucturing the loan taking into consideration your changed circumstances?
    Sounds a bit heavy handed to me.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ill move this to a more appropriate forum OP, with people who can give the right advise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

Gulamugas wrote: »
    Dont Worry. If you have a good track record with them and you are making an efort to pay off what you owe them then they will be thrown out of court. will they not consider restucturing the loan taking into consideration your changed circumstances?
    Sounds a bit heavy handed to me.

no they wont change it there been very harsh with me iv never had arrears b4 the last few months and i just cant afford to pay more.I was trying to go back to college but i think i may have to keep trying to find a job:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

they checked your facebook to see if you were on holidays ??

are you serious ??

Ye im very serious

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

You hear a lot more about this sort of situation nowadays. I think the most consistant advice given by people in the know (not me) is that you should formally contact them to restructure the loan. They don't seem to like it when the borrower decides on his/her own what the new repayment schedule should be.
    Go in again with a clear head and offer to agree a reasonable reschedule package

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭romah

tbay

You are probably not the first or last person in Tramore or any other town in the country that has found themselves in arrears with a credit union or any other financial institution.

Its a credit controller's job to chase after you for payments and the debt collection process will eventually end up in court.
    Remember that you have signed an agreement with them when the loan was taken out so breaking that agreement ie missing repayments has its conseqences.

Ignoring the problem will not make it go away .
    I agree with Oldyouth ..arrange to talk to them, tell them your situation,bring documents with you as proof of your situation and try to make a short-term arrangement of say 3 months to make regular but smaller payments.

once you can show that you can afford a regular amount on your lowere income then possibly look at re structuring/ re financing the loan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

but lately iv been out off work and have only been able to give 40 a week when it should be 110 anyway i now have arrears off 800 and there hounding me!!!

You missed repayments for 11 - 12 weeks, and you're surprised you are being hounded?!
    Personally, I think you have the wrong attitude, you exude a sense of entitlement. It was not for you to decide what you could repay unilaterally.
    So today i called in to see the credit controller and she made it clear she would be bringing me to court practically if i dont make the payments!!!
    Misuse of the word "practically", but from what I gather, Duh! You are in a legally binding contract, which you have broken. Are you trolling or just a muppet?
    i was going to go back to college but this may hamper that!!

my facebook said on my birthday about going on holidaYS

then they had the balls to ask me to sell stuff

I dont think I like you very much. You owe the Credit Union money, you dont feel like paying it back, because that would be an inconvenience. You want to use the Credit Unions money to go on holidays, and go back to college, and Im guessing you have a car, and thats what they want you to sell.

I have a lot of sympathy for a lot of people and businesses in this current climate, but none for you judging by your post.

Take to them about restructuring the loan, but dont be a muppet about insisting on your right to own a car, go on holidays etc.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

If anyone feels that a poster is trolling or acting the muppet, please use the 'Report Post' function and a mod will sort it out. Don't make accusations on thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

I'm sorry OP, but if you can afford to go on holidays, then you can definitely afford to repay your loan.

Think of it the other way around. If you lent a load of money to a friend who, instead of repaying you, kept avoiding you and fobbing you off, saying their broke and expecting you to sympathize with them, when the whole time, they're going around blowing the money?

• Advertisement

dotsman wrote: »
    I'm sorry OP, but if you can afford to go on holidays, then you can definitely afford to repay your loan.

Think of it the other way around. If you lent a load of money to a friend who, instead of repaying you, kept avoiding you and fobbing you off, saying their broke and expecting you to sympathize with them, when the whole time, they're going around blowing the money?

Im not fobbing them off iv been trying to repay them 50 quid might not seem like much but my payment is ment to be 110!I was brought on holidays for my birthday and she has an apartment over there so dont make out i went off to vegas or something :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

First off all I've deleted one of your posts here. If you have a problem with a post, report it, don't respond on the thread.

Secondly, just because you don't like something, it does not make it true. If you don't want views that are the opposite of what you think, don't post of a message board. Create a blog and only allow the comments you want to allow if all you want to hear is positive comments.

Thirdly, I hope your PM is politer than the message I deleted, because sending abusive PM's to other users can lead to you being removed from the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Tony H

Hi tbaymusicman , if I were in your prediciment I would give MABS a call
    http://www.mabs.ie/.

ps , inform the credit union that you have contacted MABS and they will realize that you are taking the situation seriously and might give you a little breathing space

fitzdragon wrote: »
    Hi tbaymusicman , if I were in your prediciment I would give MABS a call
    http://www.mabs.ie/.

ps , inform the credit union that you have contacted MABS and they will realize that you are taking the situation seriously and might give you a little breathing space

Thanks fits iv been up with mabs but they couldn't do anything for me im going to just keep paying what i can and hope some of the jobs iv applied for come up surely someone needs an electrician

Advertisement