Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2006 VW Passat Windscreen Washer / Fuse Board

• 04-06-2009 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

The windscreen washers have stopped working on my 2006 VW Passat, not a dicky bird, can't even hear the pump trying to go.... I don't have a diagram of what fuse is what. Can anybody help me with what could be wrong and or a diagram of what fuse is what.

Any help is appreciated.

P.S. No pats on the back for replies suggesting to put water in the washer .....:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Is there not a legend on the inside of the fuse panel cover? Usually there is but it's in left hand drive format so you'll have to decipher it!

It's normal for the fuse blow in cold weather when the water in the washer pipe is frozen and the motor overheats trying to pump against the ice but in this weather that's hardly likely.

You could always do it the hard way and pull each fuse out one by one and check for a blown one. If you do try this then be sure that the ignition is off and the key is removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭aido 1976

crosstownk wrote: »
    Is there not a legend on the inside of the fuse panel cover? Usually there is but it's in left hand drive format so you'll have to decipher it!

It's normal for the fuse blow in cold weather when the water in the washer pipe is frozen and the motor overheats trying to pump against the ice but in this weather that's hardly likely.

You could always do it the hard way and pull each fuse out one by one and check for a blown one. If you do try this then be sure that the ignition is off and the key is removed.

Thanks for the reply Crosstownk,

No the legend is missing, I have already tried out your suggestion of pulling each fuse one by one, all are good. I have come to the conclusion that it is the motor itself, and have since got one from OTTO. Next thing is to go about changing the motor. Have you any advice on that.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭aido 1976

It's OK Crosstownk, I have managed to change the washer motor, by removing the lining from under the wheel arch, loosing off the washer tank, twisting it around. And hay presto easy to change.

Problem is the thing is still not working, as before nothing happening, checked the fuses again, all good.

Traced the wiring back to where it disappears out of site from the engine bay and into the dashboard/car it's self and all is perfect.

Help please, this is starting to get on my f#c#ing t1ts.........
    :(:(:mad::mad:

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Frank_Gooding

Get a voltmeter then measure for 12volts at the connector to the washer when you pull the lever and test for voltage.

You could try applying 12 volts straight from the battery to prove the motor.

Could be a wire could be the switch could be a relay, at least these test will narrow down the problem.

Try and diagnose the problem rather than replacing guessed parts should work out cheaper.

Advertisement