Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Engineering, hard?

Options
  • 04-06-2009 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

Anyone else think the paper was hard this year? especially the short questions, I hadn't a clue for most of them, but I did leave some questions out, naivley presuming they wouldnt come up, my bad

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Jeebus

I don't do it myself, but a few mates of mine sat it today (they were on the news!).

Apparently, it was, and I quote "meh" ! So I don't think you have much to worry about, I think the general consensus was that is was quite hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

nah it wasnt hard,
    the short questions were different to other years a bit of engineering general knowledge went a long way.e.g the lads done safepass in TY and got the colour coding warning signs,they would have seen grinders when getting keys cut...Dyson and Sikorsky were names that could be regonised despite not being studied.
    hybrid question was fine & predictable enough.
    testing question was standard enough & could have been harder if the stress strain graph had to be calculated or youngs modulus worked out
    Q3 was tough enough if not studied...the use of the thermo electric pyrometer was tricky
    Q4 pretty tough as well you'd need to know your stuff for that 1
    Q5 was standard enough welding question....found the OLpaper question as hard!
    Q6not often u'd see calendering but standard enough
    Q8 & 7 again a lot of general knowledge went a long way
    knurling grinder
    height gauge.....rachet and pawl...turntable mechanism...CAD/CAM

it wasnt as predicable as other years but question 7 & 8 could be answered from just general engineering knowledge rather than stuff from books or notes

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Was talking to a lad today doing it and he said he found it very challenging.

He also said that a few others found it difficult too. I didn't study engineering myself so I can't honestly give my own input on the matter.

Advertisement