Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless Controllers Dead after 4 1/2 months

• 04-06-2009 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Hey,

I bought a premium xbox 360 (gears of war pack not that it matters - came with one wireless controller and I bought a second in Zavvi.

I've been playing occassionally since then, no more than 15 hours a week max.. and some weeks not at all. Both contollers worked fine, charged fine. I left one plugged in for about 12 hours at one point (xbox was powered off but i presume it was still drawing a charge??) but from that point on the controller would not charge. It worked fine when plugged in.. tried the battery pack in the 2nd controller and didn't work.. so i presumed I ran it down :(

Funny thing is that the 2nd controller now is displaying the same issues.. so without ever subjecting to a possible overcharge, it's now fubar as far as playing wirelessly.

Basically when I plug it and it flashes the circular pattern, then connect. The charge light goes red for about 20 seconds then green. It'll last 30 seconds if I plug it out. Both controllers function perfectly with normal aa batteries so I know the controllers are not faulty. I've tried using all combinations of battery controller and usb port.. and even my laptop. Nothing will make them hold a charge. It would seem both batteries are flat????

So is the controller faulty? Would both go just like that? How long should a rechargable battery pack last in terms of shelf live given it's not been abused?? Are microsoft likely to cover a warranty claim?

Any help from anyone experienced the same would be great.

Thanks
    James

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

There's some kind of an issue with the wire or how the console communicates with the controller, seems to happen when the battery is let run fully down. Next time you have the console on and the controller charging, unplug the charger if the light goes green, then reconnect it. Keep doing this until the light stays red and it starts charging properly. Worked for me anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manti452

Thanks Man :) Will give it a go later today :)

Yeah same thing happened me and i did as Amacachi has posted above and all turned out well.

When you let the charge run down completely, the console reads it as if there's no battery pack at all, so you have to plug it in, wait for the light to turn green and then unplug it and start over. After 5-7 of these mini-charges there will be enough power for the controller to stay on long enough for the console to notice the battery pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manti452

So the learning here is don't let them go flat completely :)

Thanks Shifty :)

Advertisement