Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MP3s vs PMR Radio

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

I have 304 channels I wouldn't mind losing one. Stop being greedy :p.
    And its a skirmish...loads of people are "monging around" anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

Firekitten wrote: »
    your sarcasm is noted and ignored. Thankyou for your lovely thread.

Even without the rolly eyes :rolleyes: :eek:

Anyhow anytime a mod wants to lock this one up feel free to do so. I was happy after post two. Then everything went orribly wrong :(

Would have been nice to have kept it constructive.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

hoplite wrote: »
    Would have been nice to have kept it constructive.

There's nothing constructive about it hoplite. Sorry.

As an "in-game" idea, it's appalling, selfish, inconsiderate, dangerous (people not paying attention), and well ... appallingly sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

My attempts were slightly successfull. The sound is distinguisable and you can clearly tell what song is playing, but its very distorted. I'd guess its the different impedances. I was using a laptop soundcard as the source, I might try a few different sources(RCAs to 3.5 from a soundcard designed to run a PA amp might do the trick).

Lemming wrote: »
    There's nothing constructive about it hoplite. Sorry.

As an "in-game" idea, it's appalling, selfish, inconsiderate, dangerous (people not paying attention), and well ... appallingly sh*t.

That is of course your opinion which you are entitled to. I disagree with you and thats fair enough.

I don't mong about, I'm not selfish, inconsiderate and I take safety very seriously.

So you are entitled to your opinion but what I do not appreciate is the inferred personal criticism and judgement dotted throughout this thread. Its a thread in the troubleshooting section and as far as I'm concerned its been steered grossly off topic.

Come out and play with myself and a few of my mates and I do not think you would be judging my attitude and conduct so harshly. Or maybe you will.

I now know certain individuals will not be happy if they hear music on a PMR channel. Duly noted and I take it onboard.

The holier than thou judgemental bull***t I can do without however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

That is of course your opinion which you are entitled to. I disagree with you and thats fair enough.

I don't mong about, I'm not selfish, inconsiderate and I take safety very seriously.

So you are entitled to your opinion but what I do not appreciate is the inferred personal criticism and judgement dotted throughout this thread. Its a thread in the troubleshooting section and as far as I'm concerned its been steered grossly off topic.

Come out and play with myself and a few of my mates and I do not think you would be judging my attitude and conduct so harshly. Or maybe you will.

I now know certain individuals will not be happy if they hear music on a PMR channel. Duly noted and I take it onboard.

The holier than thou judgemental bull***t I can do without however.

Hoplite, how you play is one thing. I'm not casting innuendo in that regard, nor have I sought to. But I would consider (and yes it is part opinion, part grounded in reality) that using PMR frequencies at an airsoft skirmish during a game - be it 30 mins or a day/weekend/week long thing to be appaling.
    • Selfish: because you're holding up an entire channel because you want to be a DJ. Also, PMR 446 is .. well to be blunt; "public" and thefore not your sole right to use as a radio channel. Never assume that somebody else either does not want to use your channel at some point, or is not listening.
    • Inconsiderate: see selfish. Add "not everyone likes the same music as you" and therefore has to listen to you pumping what they consider to be "sh*te" over the frequency that they are trying to use to contact team-mates or whatever.
    • Dangerous: The music provides a distraction. It also means you cannot hear sh*te which includes someone in close proximity to you thus either you or they may fire reflexively at point blank range. It also means you cannot hear things like whistle blasts, "I'm hit", or more importantly "Blind man" or "cease fire" or "emergency".
    • Appalling: See all of the above reasons. It also drains other people's batteries, not just yours ...

TBH with all of the above - I couldn't care if you are the most otherwise honourable, upstanding or whatever player in the world. If you start pumping music across PMR you (not you specifically hoplite, I mean in "you" in general) are nothing but a complete muppet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

I cant agree more... Although I think what is more key here, is hoplite has missed the point raised, and focused on how several posters including myself were forced to respond to the kiddie crowd....

Firstly... its pirate radio... secondly, there could well be an emergency. if you're listening to music, you arent focusing, you may well be shooting people who are dead and calling hit, but can you hear them? no... thats likely to wind tempers up... and quite eaisly....

Last game, i was hosed quite bruitally with a whole 100 round midcap by a player who couldnt hear the calls of hit, because he was firing his stubby thriller african rebel style with the motor next to his ear....

having music playing means you will miss the key ****ing signal in airsoft... the vocal 'hit'

whatabout when you are hit and dont feel it? the sound that otherwise would alert you is now blocked out...

overall this is severely close to getting you accused of hosing and cheating...

the game goes down hill from there...

Well the airsoft intelligentsia have sat in judgment and spoken. Thats me put in my place.

*bins the map she made Hoplite*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭moggser

i think it might be a bad idea as i know if im sitting dug in some where
    and here my fave Nelly club floor filla come over the air wave into my
    head set i know i wouldnt be able to help me self

id be two steppin all over HRTA :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Lemming wrote: »
    It's a pointless excercise in self-serving "because I can".

I think airsoft would lose something if "because I can" stopped being a good enough excuse for some really spectacularly stupid ideas...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

I think airsoft would lose something if "because I can" stopped being a good enough excuse for some really spectacularly stupid ideas...

I wholeheartedly agree, now back to trying to figure out how to mount a grenade launcher on a 249, and fit my decks to my tac-vest.

Also @ Moggser, ha ha 2 step, legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Toasty113

*Cue slow-mo dive out of cover*

Spetzcong wrote: »
    now back to trying to figure out how to mount a grenade launcher on a 249

I've seen it done. You can get a rail system for an M249 here. I kinda want to do it :D.

Dread-Lock wrote: »
    I've seen it done. You can get a rail system for an M249 here. I kinda want to do it :D.
    the mere thought that you have considered this sickens kitty... (Lemming is also threatening to put an m203, peq, torch, and sniper scope on his m60vn in retaliation for this herassy...)

Im sure he will reply to that when he pick's himself up off the
    floor after collapsing from fright

the mere thought that you have considered this sickens kitty... (Lemming is also threatening to put an m203, peq, torch, and sniper scope on his m60vn in retaliation for this herassy...)

Good, that was the reaction I was going for :D.

Hes sat right here... and winding up his ban hammer... I hear its out of batteries from excessive use.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

theres nowt wrong with blingin up a 249, heres mine...

2525611741_2bc1da42d7.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Throw on a sling, and it's a winner!

• Advertisement

Masada wrote: »

For this Richie... and for saying Lemming's m60 will come back in a bag.... yous gonna get some 8mm love at Uprising ;) And i thought multicam was as far as you would sink ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Hmmm, 8mm love...
    I feel violated already...:eek:

:p

you do????? i had to have a shower after reading i felt that dirrty

all though been a long time since a girl threatend me with 8mm love lol

if i where you i'd take it while its goin

Masada wrote: »

2525611741_2bc1da42d7.jpg

Can't you get some handguard rails as well? It needs more stuff hanging off it :pac:

Two more M203's either side and a madbull AGX underneath so its nice and ergonomic with the grip and all........ nice. :D

after this thread... i honestly cant tell if you joking....

But good luck anyway trying to lift it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

after this thread... i honestly cant tell if you joking....

But good luck anyway trying to lift it.

sound's like we're going to have to sort out a rail-mounted wheelbarrow. The monstrosoty lives on, I reckon we could graft a few P90's on there too, fir the laughs

reverse mount mp7s?

@Lemming @Firekitten

Apologies if I was a bit robust in my replies earlier in this thread tbh I don't have a huge amount invested in the original notion.

I just dont respond well to authority figures :P

Anyway its fair to say we have all lost interest in the original topic at this point?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

reverse mount mp7s?

Done and done. See the "Pictures of..." section for a glimpse at an MGL with an MP7 as a foregrip.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

Can't you get some handguard rails as well? It needs more stuff hanging off it :pac:

Two more M203's either side and a madbull AGX underneath so its nice and ergonomic with the grip and all........ nice. :D

You cant do all that a not put a box mag on it:D

Thats so last year anyway, Tan P90's with box mags and m203s are the new thing:pac::pac:

Advertisement