Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OH NO!

Options
  • 04-06-2009 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

so i just got 8 stiches on the wrist of my writing hand! Tripped and put my hand through the glass table! Not good, its really sore and i can't move my wrist! :(:confused::(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Martinog

so i just got 8 stiches on the wrist of my writing hand! Tripped and put my hand through the glass table! Not good, its really sore and i can't move my wrist! :(:confused::(

v v v unlucky:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Thats unlucky.What are you planning to do?!
    maths 2moro not that big of a problem but English on saturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 robdrog

Turn up and show the supervisor and see what they can do, say it happens all the time with sport related injuries after the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭yeah-boy

Go to your school at 8am they should arrange something and ring the helpline... i dont really know sorry:(

• Registered Users Posts: 27 stevendcarroll

poisonated wrote: »
    Thats unlucky.What are you planning to do?!
    maths 2moro not that big of a problem but English on saturday

I'll have a scribe by then! but Geo tomorrow aswell!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭armbruster

That's seriously not good.

Firstly, get to school early tomorrow, go and talk to one of the supervisors about it.

Maybe there's a few people in your school who have dyslexia and are getting a special room and a personal writer, i.e. someone who reads the exam to the applicant, and writes what's they say. Actually, these days I think they're allowed type the test, being supervised and with no internet connection etc.

Just talk to the principal and the supervisor's early tomorrow, they'll help you out.

Bad luck, and you know porbably that wouldn't have happened if your bloody english paper two was TODAY. It's really unfortunate for all of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Jesus that's so unfortunate. Thought it was bad when my nose starting bleeding during my lc in 2004

• Registered Users Posts: 27 stevendcarroll

armbruster wrote: »
    That's seriously not good.

Firstly, get to school early tomorrow, go and talk to one of the supervisors about it.

Maybe there's a few people in your school who have dyslexia and are getting a special room and a personal writer, i.e. someone who reads the exam to the applicant, and writes what's they say. Actually, these days I think they're allowed type the test, being supervised and with no internet connection etc.

Just talk to the principal and the supervisor's early tomorrow, they'll help you out.

Bad luck, and you know porbably that wouldn't have happened if your bloody english paper two was TODAY. It's really unfortunate for all of you.

ya i could have mentioned that, i have Dyslexia and Reasonable accomadation i.e. seperate test centre and word processer but i can only type slowly compaired to my normal 65wpm, so i'm hopin to have a scribe for Geo, the other problem is ya can't type maths!

EDIT: Had a scribe for JC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

Out of curiosity do you think it's fair to people who are bad at spelling but not classed as dyslexic that you get yours ignored?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I think it's fair

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

I think it's fair

So if you are bad at spelling, you should run the risk of getting low marks in your spelling, but if you're so bad at it that you'd get no marks, you don't get marked on it at all? I'm just asking why people think it is fair at this level of education

Claypigeon wrote: »
    So if you are bad at spelling, you should run the risk of getting low marks in your spelling, but if you're so bad at it that you'd get no marks, you don't get marked on it at all? I'm just asking why people think it is fair at this level of education

you obviously don't know much about dyslexia

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Jesus that's so unfortunate. Thought it was bad when my nose starting bleeding during my lc in 2004

Same thing happened in my irish exam. I wonder if the examiner passed me out of sympathy,with the blood spots on my paper

that's kind of disgusting for the correcter, dried up blood all over the paper :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Claypigeon wrote: »
    Out of curiosity do you think it's fair to people who are bad at spelling but not classed as dyslexic that you get yours ignored?
    Dyslexia is a diagnosed learning disorder, it's very different to simply not being good at spelling.
    that's kind of disgusting for the correcter, dried up blood all over the paper :pac:
    Happened to me in JC maths, wouldn't be surprised if it happened again.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

you obviously don't know much about dyslexia

HA. No he doesn't. He said some nasty things in the massive LC thread about the Dyslexic girl who was in bits on Joe Duffy. I went a bit nuts. Flame war ensued. Kinda funny.

OP. Your school should have a procedure for this. A guy in my old school broke his wrist during his LC and he did it on tape. Was nasty for him though. Any dyslexics that use it have loads of practice. They probably now use laptops with a speech/write program. I doubt you are going to end up in a situation where you have no options. And good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

OP get a helper monkey. They're fantastic.

But seriously that's gotta be annoying. Just go into the school early and explain your situation. I'm sure they have some contingency plan for this type of thing...... Your exams may have to be rescheduled for next Sunday though. :)

In all seriousness (offically) I'm sure they'll have an arrangement for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Could be worse. What if he'd REALLY enjoyed doing the paper?

Advertisement