Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girls who swear

Options
  • 05-06-2009 12:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭

Does anybody else have a bit of a problem with this?

I don't mind the odd profane exclamation, like in a genuine emergency, but does anyone else find girls who swear a bit vulgar? Growing up I didn't know any girls who swore, but they seem to be everywhere now.

I walked by a really pretty girl in Trinity this evening, she was on the phone and seemed to be talking casually about a night out after exams, except she was swearing like a sailor - espressions that my mates and I wouldn't even use.

It's not that I think guys should swear a lot, I think anybody swearing loudly in public is rude... but somehow it's just far worse when it's a girl.

What do girls think of this?
    Do any other guys find it really, really unattractive?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I think it's one of the sexiest qualities in a woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Girls shouldn't poo or fart. I find it very unattractive .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Those despicable tarts :/

When will they learn?

I hope you spoke to her about it. She deserves to be told, since her parents didn't raise her correctly, it falls on you, as an upstanding citizen, to step in and put a stop to this plague of people swearing.

Woops, sorry, not people, women.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Maybe that's why I really dislike when my sister is constantly at it

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

It's nice when the swear is followed by 'me'

not so charming when theres ornaments and crockery being flung at you while it's happening

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

Can I be the first person to fly the sexism flag ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

+1, i love girls that have a mouth like a docker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

+1, i love girls that have a mouth like a docker
    As long as they dont have a fanny that smells like one eh? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

The only time I like to hear a girl swear is when i'm knee-deep inside her. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭tangerinepuppet

I personally never swear.

I am a real lady.

I won't even hang out my washing if I'm not wearing my twinset and pearls - and a good splash of Chanel No. 5.

I have never, ever farted or used a toilet.

Something tells me I might be your kind of girl. ;):o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I don't mind girls that swear, actually I quite like girl who f*ck on first dates

Fizman wrote: »
    The only time I like to hear a girl swear is when i'm knee-deep inside her. :pac:
    This takes fisting to a whole new level.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Girls who curse make my peepee go all weird. But it has to be tasteful cursing.

Cnut is the best word any woman can say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Kiera wrote: »

Telling on him is not cool Kiers :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

I tend to swear a lot at work when I'm stressed.

If I let out a swear by mistake, and someone gets upset by it, and it's generally mostly men, (since we are making generalism's here :)), I tend to loose a little respect for them.

I don't know why, maybe it's because I see it as one of those lesser important things that people get hung up about.

I always find it funny that people that get upset about women swearing can be really inappropriate about their own language without using swear words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭stiff kitten

i'd swear occasionally, i.e if i was after hearing shocking news or to really exaggerate something that I felt strongly about. Other than that, I think it's f****n disgusting to use in every day language...seriously...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

jester77 wrote: »
    I don't mind girls that swear, actually I quite like girl who f*ck on first dates

You aren't needed for anything more. Kthxbye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

like seriously do you think i really give a ****!↲Lol some people curse some people don't ! I don't hold it against them !

• Registered Users Posts: 24,046 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Fizman wrote: »

I think that you should have bought "The Joy of Sex", and not the "DIY Septic Tank Cleaning Manual."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭stiff kitten

its definately unattractive.......
    it adds to the drama when someones telling a good story but it is off putting

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

Well, i swear like a fishwife givin birth. And i would fu?k on the first date. What a despicable girl i am... Off to the deathyard.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

as long as her yoo hoo doesnt smell like a dockyard cat then no

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Red_Marauder

Silverfish wrote: »
    Those despicable tarts :/

When will they learn?

I hope you spoke to her about it. She deserves to be told, since her parents didn't raise her correctly, it falls on you, as an upstanding citizen, to step in and put a stop to this plague of people swearing.

Woops, sorry, not people, women.
    Ha, ok fair enough. I know it sounds sexist... it's just that I do think girls are becoming more masculine and this is just one example of it.

It's not that most girls behave like this, but it's definitely getting more common. There is an increase in the 'ladette' culture among Irish girls, I do think most guys would find it pretty unattractive.

Of course all swearing in public, on the street, is rude, but with girls it's just nasty. I'm sure girls have a problem with this as well to some extent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

No, I'd never swear...I'm a ****ing stepford wife

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭tangerinepuppet

Erm, I don't think the OP will get any satisfaction unless he starts his thread all over again, somewhere other than After Hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

"You big bastard". Oh, dreadful language! "You big hairy arse", "You big fecker". Fierce stuff! And of course, the f-word, father, the bad f-word, worse than "feck" - you know the one I mean

Erm, I don't think the OP will get any satisfaction unless he starts his thread all over again, somewhere other than After Hours.
    Oh yes, OP head on over to the Ladies Lounge and start this thread ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

This takes fisting to a whole new level.

Think I'm going to need a bigger bag of peanuts. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Ha, ok fair enough. I know it sounds sexist... it's just that I do think girls are becoming more masculine and this is just one example of it.

... I'm sure girls have a problem with this as well to some extent.

Eh..no, not really.

How are girls becoming more masculine exactly? Are they growing weiners or something? :confused:

Advertisement