Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girls who swear

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Red_Marauder

Kiera wrote: »
    Oh yes, OP head on over to the Ladies Lounge and start this thread ;)
    I don;t know if you can get castrated over the internet, but I'm not trying it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Ruu wrote: »
    "You big bastard". Oh, dreadful language! "You big hairy arse", "You big fecker". Fierce stuff! And of course, the f-word, father, the bad f-word, worse than "feck" - you know the one I mean

f you, f your effin wife. ill stick this pitchfork up your hole.

ride me sideways was another one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭tangerinepuppet

Kiera wrote: »
    Oh yes, OP head on over to the Ladies Lounge and start this thread ;)

A capital idea! Yes, OP, you'd love it over there ... it's full of of kindred spirits, I promise. :D

Muahahahaha.

Acacia wrote: »
    Eh..no, not really.

How are girls becoming more masculine exactly? Are they growing weiners or something? :confused:
    Compare girls now to girls in Ireland 15 - 20 years ago (from pics:pac:)

Lots of girls dress more brashly, they speak like men, a lot of girls are bigger than men, female bullying is on the increase... that is the ladette/ masculine-girl culture.

Again, to clarify, this doesn;t extend to all girls, obviously. It just seems to be a growing trend in the past few years and I was wondering about peoples opinions on it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I definitely don't like it, though I tend not to curse much myself either. Men throw curses around all the time but I suppose it sounds more serious if a girl curses (particularly at you).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

FFs what kind of a mother fcuking thread is this?
    Not even a mention of the bollox.
    /is he still around?

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

I'm ashamed to say at least every fifth word out of my mouth is a swear. ya big aul bollix ye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

It's just words. I don't like the sound of the word "heinous" but I'm not going to think less of anyone who says it.

Judging people on cursing is a bit ridiculous, tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

For fcuf sake if I' had a pound/euro for every fukcer I have hear in my 35 years on this planet who told me I should not swear I would be a fcuking millionaire.
    To be honest I'm fed up to my t*ts with it. I'm a fcuking adult who likes the sound and feeling of swear words rolling off my tongue and to be honest I am starting to get a pain in my a** with people who object to it or who look at me funny!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is ultimately God's beautiful language and I am only utilising every aspect of it!!!!!!!!!:)

liah wrote: »
    It's just words. I don't like the sound of the word "heinous" but I'm not going to think less of anyone who says it.

But really, if you could hear the expressions she was using! I'm not even sure I know what she meant:confused:

Do you really think if you heard a girl using really crass swearwords in a public place, you wouldn't have a lower opinion of her?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

It's not that I think guys should swear a lot, I think anybody swearing loudly in public is rude... but somehow it's just far worse when it's a girl.

What do girls think of this?
    Do any other guys find it really, really unattractive?

I think you should go back to the 1950's with this backward arse opinion of yours tbh. Honestly I think its idiotic and unintelligent to have issues with 'bold words' in general, but even MORE so to think that only one gender should be allowed to use these words.

Ha, ok fair enough. I know it sounds sexist... it's just that I do think girls are becoming more masculine and this is just one example of it.
    You still seem to think its just something for men:rolleyes: These words you have an issue with are part of the language, a language in which both genders have full use of.
    Of course all swearing in public, on the street, is rude,
    I think your rude and illogical for being offended by such words, its 2009 ffs.

Its your decision to be offended by the use of the F word in a random sentence. Someone told you were meant to be offended by the word and thus you decided to take offense.

They are just words.

Grow up. You remind me of the guy with the glasses in this video

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

a lot of girls are bigger than men

Quick, the women are manipulating their own genetics in an attempt to emasculate the menfolk. Someone, stop them!

(And not an expletive in sight - true restraint!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

But really, if you could hear the expressions she was using! I'm not even sure I know what she meant:confused:

Do you really think if you heard a girl using really crass swearwords in a public place, you wouldn't have a lower opinion of her?

No, because I am a girl who swears. Swears are fun. Cúnt and fúck are fun words to say. Why on earth would you get offended by a simple grouping of letters?

Personally I'd rather get offended when the words are actually meant to be offensive. Would you be more offended if someone called you a vile, horrible, disgusting human being who should rot in hell for all of eternity? Or if someone jokingly called you an arse after you told a story about a silly drunken escapade you had last weekend?

You're only offended by it because you choose to be. Words don't have meaning til you give them meaning, and they're only as powerful as the context they're used in.

It just seems childish to be offended by such ridiculously trivial things, imo.

Are you sure you just don't have a problem with women in general?
    Do us "new" brand of woman scare you?
    Are we not meek or timid enough or something like that???????????

Have to agree with you Liah, personally I don't like the sound of the word "cooking" but I don't don't rant on about every person whom I hear use it....:D

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    I think you should go back to the 1950's with this backward arse opinion of yours tbh. Honestly I think its idiotic and unintelligent to have issues with 'bold words' in general, but even MORE so to think that only one gender should be allowed to use these words.
    I'm not sure that I have issues with them, rather just find it a bit rude is all.

You still seem to think its just something for men:rolleyes: These words you have an issue with are part of the language, a language in which both genders have full use of.
    It's not part of any language that should be shouted about in public. There's a reason we don't teach kids to swear, most reasonable people do think it's inappropriate in polite, public, company like the street.
    It doesn't offend me personally. I'm used to hearing swear words, it's just kind of inapropriate tbh.
    Are you sure you just don't have a problem with women in general?
    Do us "new" brand of woman scare you?
    Are we not meek or timid enough or something like that???????????
    No, women are fine in general, like I already said it's not all women I'm talking about. Just women who are loud and crass and swear in public, I think it's a bit unappealing but hey if I think that I'm sure she'd think the same of me! It's just an observation, really.

Its your decision to be offended by the use of the F word in a random sentence. Someone told you were meant to be offended by the word and thus you decided to take offense.

They are just words.

Grow up. You remind me of the guy with the glasses in this video

Howya, can I take this opportunity to absolutely say I love your Username, the OP must be cringiing:D
    FANTASTIC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Why on earth would you get offended by a simple grouping of letters?

Personally I'd rather get offended when the words are actually meant to be offensive. Would you be more offended if someone called you a vile, horrible, disgusting human being who should rot in hell for all of eternity? Or if someone jokingly called you an arse after you told a story about a silly drunken escapade you had last weekend?

You're only offended by it because you choose to be. Words don't have meaning til you give them meaning, and they're only as powerful as the context they're used in.

It just seems childish to be offended by such ridiculously trivial things, imo.

100% agree, childish and also a very primitive and illogical way of thinking. To the point that its pretty much ironic for people such as the OP to look down on others for making use these words as doing so makes them something to look down on for such a primitive way of thinking, rather then the others who are just making use of the language they speak.

OP, enlighten yourself. For **** sake.
    It's not part of any language that should be shouted about in public. .

Why?

Why?
    Smple manners. They are there for a reason - I'm not talking about uttering simple swear words in regular conversation if that's what you think... I'm talking about loud exclamations or bursts of swearwords.

It just isn't pleasant to hear, and it makes girls who do speak in that way come across very badly. It's just bad manners and a bit disrespectful towards other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

If you want to take the disrespectful tack, then anything is disrespectful of other people if shouted. Why make a distinction between one gender or grouping of words?

But if you're just trying to fcuking annoy women, or have issues with people being more or less ladylike than you approve of, then you can fcuk off if you think many of us will moderate our behaviour to suit your narrow standards.

• Advertisement

Smple manners. They are there for a reason - I'm not talking about uttering simple swear words in regular conversation if that's what you think... I'm talking about loud exclamations or bursts of swearwords.

It just isn't pleasant to hear, and it makes girls who do speak in that way come across very badly. It's just bad manners and a bit disrespectful towards other people.

I am presuming you don't just mean girls.:pac:

If you want to take the disrespectful tack, then anything is disrespectful of other people if shouted. Why make a distinction between one gender or grouping of words?

But if you're just trying to fcuking annoy women, or have issues with people being more or less ladylike than you approve of, then you can fcuk off if you think many of us will moderate our behaviour to suit your narrow standards.

Lighten up? I'm sorry, I didn't realise I inadvertantly posted this in the moderation of women's behaviour brain-control room.

I'm not attempting to achieve anything or stamp out disrespect, merely pointing out a trend which I think is pretty rude. Like I said, who cares about a girl uttering a simple swear word at something out of temper or shock... I just find a really foul mouthed girl unattractive and the behaviour rude.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

I insert f*** frequently in sentences when speaking with friends, but it is something that we all do, so it isn't considered rude in the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Compare girls now to girls in Ireland 15 - 20 years ago (from pics:pac:)

Lots of girls dress more brashly, they speak like men, a lot of girls are bigger than men, female bullying is on the increase... that is the ladette/ masculine-girl culture.

I see your problem now, you're comparing today to simpler, happier times when people were more polite and courteous; everyone knew everyone else; children laughed and smiled as they played on the street with nothing more than a a worn football or a potato and war was just raw spelt backwards. Better times they were, every day a golden moment.

Lighten up? I'm sorry, I didn't realise I inadvertantly posted this in the moderation of women's behaviour brain-control room.

I'm not attempting to achieve anything or stamp out disrespect, merely pointing out a trend which I think is pretty rude. Like I said, who cares about a girl uttering a simple swear word at something out of temper or shock... I just find a really foul mouthed girl unattractive and the behaviour rude.

I am what you would consider in your mind a "really foul mouthed girl"

Can I ask you, who the fcuk do you you think you you are to say that you consider me an unattractive rude individual?

If you knew me personally, you would know that I would give you the shirt off my back if you needed it................................. in the middle of a fcuking thunderstorm!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Put it this way mate, I got an A in Leavimg Cert English, I can speak proper English but I choose not to.

That is my choice but it does not make me a substandard female with a fcuking moustache!!!!

I can speak proper English but I choose not to.
    Ok I think some people need to take a hold of themselves. Nobody is talking about a state ban on the thing. If you choose not to speak proper English like you say, I don't really care very much. Bad language from a girl is just something that irks me, I'm expressing an opinion that it is inappropriate.
    You don't have to care yourself either way tbh... nobody said you were a lesbian or had a moustache.

Blush_01 wrote: »

Absolutely agree with you Blush_01,
    I couldn't give a flying fcuk about the op's attitude towards swearing but I find it fcuking offensive when it is solely directed towards women:mad:
    Jeez, does the OP know what century it is?

I am what you would consider in your mind a "really foul mouthed girl"

Can I ask you, who the fcuk do you you think you you are to say that you consider me an unattractive rude individual?

If you knew me personally, you would know that I would give you the shirt off my back if you needed it................................. in the middle of a fcuking thunderstorm!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Put it this way mate, I got an A in Leavimg Cert English, I can speak proper English but I choose not to.

That is my choice but it does not make me a substandard female with a fcuking moustache!!!!

Sorry for this but obviously an A in Leaving Cert English doesn't automatically give you an A in Manners.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Yes it's not becoming of the gentler species.Beginning of the end of civilised society.Witnessed a blonde once turning to reply to a well mannered invitation to dance:she grimaces and pulls a butt end from her lipsticked mouth,grinds it into the dancefloor with her extra high heels and utters,"I don't give a shish" The beau never recovered his nerve and needed to drink before going to dances,developed serious dependency,married another under- the- influence type,got into all sorts of scrapes:domestic,work,social...the gardai..an absolute mess.Hope to meet him after voting today.I bet,after a few drinks, he'll recall that fateful night at the hop.Nice guy..nice ex wife.His nerves are more shattered than ever though.He's even smoking now,usually out in the yard with a pint.Says he doesn't give a shish.

• Advertisement

Sorry for this but obviously an A in Leaving Cert English doesn't automatically give you an A in Manners.

My manners are fcuking impeccable, just because I use swear words does not mean I cannot perform the activities of a decent human being.:mad:

I give up my seat on the bus to the elderly, I do not drive drive a gas guzzling jeep whilst on my school run and do you know what, I have even been known to iron the kids school uniforms:p

I am a nice fcuking swearer, and I take umbrage to anyone who would suggest that my manners are somewhat lacking due to their warped interpretation of my use of the english language.

Advertisement