Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girls who swear

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

As long as they use the right fork.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

My manners are fcuking impeccable, just because I use swear words does not mean I cannot perform the activities of a decent human being.:mad:
    I am a nice fcuking swearer, and I take umbrage to anyone who would suggest that my manners are somewhat lacking due to their warped interpretation of my use of the english language.

Can I ask you, who the fcuk do you you think you you are to say that you consider me an unattractive rude individual?

I wasn't referring to your language.

Just your manners.:p:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Please watch the language.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

I wasn't referring to your language.

Just your manners.:p:pac:

If you were a little more specific about the area of my manners you find lacking I might then be in the position to defend "said" manners............:confused:

Do you have any idea by the way how much self control it took for me to type that without adding a sh*tload of expletives.....
    nearly made it---but not quite!!!!!!
    :D:p:P

Is that language clean, tidy, ladylike, mannerly, decent, inoffensive, decorous, polished, refined, courteous, well-bred enough for you lot or do us swearing loving folk need to do more?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Almost.
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Almost.
    :D

Thank you Sharpshooter, that is just about the nicest utterance I have hear towards myself on AH:D

Means a ****ing lot to me, honest to god.......

*put in the stars myself for fear of offending anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭monellia

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

monellia wrote: »

That link is going to come in handy !!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Well, i swear like a fishwife givin birth. And i would fu?k on the first date. What a despicable girl i am... Off to the deathyard.....

Hi there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭louliewan

I wonder, did someone post the original message just to see how many women would object strongly to his remark? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Swearing is okay. Farting is'nt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

It is ultimately God's beautiful language and I am only utilising every aspect of it!!!!!!!!!:)

So you reckon God speaks English?

Weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

I am what you would consider in your mind a "really foul mouthed girl"

Can I ask you, who the fcuk do you you think you you are to say that you consider me an unattractive rude individual?

If you knew me personally, you would know that I would give you the shirt off my back if you needed it................................. in the middle of a fcuking thunderstorm!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Put it this way mate, I got an A in Leavimg Cert English, I can speak proper English but I choose not to.

That is my choice but it does not make me a substandard female with a fcuking moustache!!!!
    nobody said you were a lesbian or had a moustache.
    Sorry can I ask where you got lesbian from here??

Careful now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

any women caught using bad language should have the nearest penis shoved down their throat repeatedly

this will teach them

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

It doesn't offend me personally. I'm used to hearing swear words, it's just kind of inapropriate tbh.

What's inapropriate about it?
    Is it only inapropriate if it's a hot chick?
    I ask this because you deemed it necessary to mention that the girl in question was good looking. You even added the tag word "pretty"
    Would you have started this thread if she wasn't good looking?

As for swearing itself; what exaclty is wrong with it?
    Why does society say that certain words are bad?
    What is wrong with expressing yourself with words like shít, cúnt, fúck and so forth?
    Monosyllabic words have a bit more oomph and can make a dull ordinary story sound a bit better. Especially fúck. The hard K at the end gives it a bit of life.

So why do we hang onto an ideal from the middle ages?
    Curse words. Words of curse. Are we all witches?
    Swear words. The word swear doesn't really describe my usage of fúck. I'm not pledging myself to some oath or blaspheming some god when I say fúck.
    I'm just using a word to emphasise whatever point I'm making.

do I need to use fúck to emphasise a point?
    Of course I do. A lot of the time I'm just talking about pointless nonsense and fúck makes it sound like I'm saying something worth listening to or reading. You'll know this if you have read this far.

Spawn of Satan, I must be.
    In conclusion; fuck it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Septico

delllat wrote: »
    any women caught using bad language should have the nearest penis shoved down their throat repeatedly

this will teach them

Spoken like a true gent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I kind of like it because it can suggest a lack of girlywirlyness but I'm not really pushed one way or another, even though people tell me I swear too much, or in inappropriate situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Mary D

Ha Ha, this is one of the funniest threads I've read. I think the OP is a wind-up merchant.

WOMEN KNOW YOUR PLACE.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

The odd swear word is grand, but people who swear constantly are pure knacks.

There were 2 men sitting behind me on a bus one day, and I swear one of them, in every sentence, was "f*in" - eg.

"He spilled the effin milk, and I had to get an effin towel to clean up the effin mess"

That's not what he said exactly btw :D

My point is over-the-top swearing is vile in BOTH sexes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

Does anybody else have a bit of a problem with this?

I don't mind the odd profane exclamation, like in a genuine emergency, but does anyone else find girls who swear a bit vulgar? Growing up I didn't know any girls who swore, but they seem to be everywhere now.

I walked by a really pretty girl in Trinity this evening, she was on the phone and seemed to be talking casually about a night out after exams, except she was swearing like a sailor - espressions that my mates and I wouldn't even use.

It's not that I think guys should swear a lot, I think anybody swearing loudly in public is rude... but somehow it's just far worse when it's a girl.

What do girls think of this?
    Do any other guys find it really, really unattractive?

Im a girl and ill curse if i want to

Who cares. stop being sexist, why wasnt this post "People who curse" cos its not just women

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Everyone's entitled to a good aul swear when the mood takes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Smple manners. They are there for a reason - I'm not talking about uttering simple swear words in regular conversation if that's what you think... I'm talking about loud exclamations or bursts of swearwords.

It just isn't pleasant to hear, and it makes girls who do speak in that way come across very badly. It's just bad manners and a bit disrespectful towards other people.

Out of curiosity OP, what age are you? Are you religious or brought up in a strict family?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

For the "I'm oh so liberal, I'll swear wherever I want, and everyone should be allowed to curse" people in this thread...

I do take offense to people swearing loudly and regularly in public; perhaps if you had a 7 year old daughter (or any young children) you might feel the same way. They listen to everything, and question words they don't understand.

That is, unless you find a 7 year old using phrases like 'fucking cunt' charming or something... But then again, you are oh so liberal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

For the "I'm oh so liberal, I'll swear wherever I want, and everyone should be allowed to curse" people in this thread...

I do take offense to people swearing loudly and regularly in public; perhaps if you had a 7 year old daughter (or any young children) you might feel the same way. Unless you find a 7 year old using phrases like ****ing **** charming or something... But then again, you are oh so liberal!
    Aw how cute. You want your child to grow up in a bubble where everything is good. Not possible!

Kiera wrote: »
    Aw how cute. You want your child to grow up in a bubble where everything is good. Not possible!

Sure I do... Or you're jumping to conclusions.

Either way, if a person finds something objectionable, what's wrong with trying to shield their child from it.

I'm sure there's something that you find objectionable; would you prefer your child (presuming you have one) to be subjected to it or not?

Sure I do... Or you're jumping to conclusions.

Either way, if a person finds something objectionable, what's wrong with trying to shield their child from it.

I'm sure there's something that you find objectionable; would you prefer your child (presuming you have one) to be subjected to it or not?
    Its not what you said, its how you said it.

Kiera wrote: »
    Its not what you said, its how you said it.

Care to elaborate on that??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭veryangryman

I find swearing repulsive in general. It makes me switch off instantly. But thats the same for men AND women. Its probably more annoying when a person you are attracted to does it, but nah i just dont like it.

If theres a point to be made, can be used sparingly. Sadly, people have their own language of swearing.

I find that people get insulted by anything i do and i cant understand why. Its probably because theres alot of spastics out there i guess...

I do take offense to people swearing loudly and regularly in public; perhaps if you had a 7 year old daughter (or any young children) you might feel the same way. They listen to everything, and question words they don't understand.

That is, unless you find a 7 year old using phrases like 'fucking cunt' charming or something... But then again, you are oh so liberal!
    Care to elaborate on that??
    Jesus Christ you're hard work!

Your sarky tone didnt sit well with me. I'm not "oh so liberal". I swear, a lot. I dont act like a fishwife and scream down the street. I dont swear in front of my nieces or nephews or any of my friends kids as i dont believe in it BUT i wouldnt give out to someone for doing it. I mean you cant wrap them in cotton wool all their lives.

If i had a kid i wouldnt take offence of someone swearing. There are a lot worse things out there to get your knickers in a knot over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

delllat wrote: »

this will teach them

No woman would ever dare swear around Biffo, the man is a walking apendage.

Advertisement