Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girls who swear

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Kiera wrote: »
    My pics wouldnt be as awesome as your pic with your scarf ;)

this isnt about me its about you eating pink butterflys stay on topic.... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

this isnt about me its about you eating pink butterflys stay on topic.... :P

The man speaks the truth Kiers.. proofz or you know the sceál ;0

Abigayle wrote: »
    The man speaks the truth Kiers.. proofz or you know the sceál ;0

you just scared her away :(

you just scared her away :(

Kiers? no way. Shes much like myself, when she can be arsed she will ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Which is not now.

• Advertisement

Which is not now.

Thats ok, see ya at beers ;)

are you turning into a pink butterfly eater to :eek:

Oh. You're going?

Oh. You're going?
    Only for this butterfly business you promise.

Only for this butterfly business you promise.
    What goes on in my bedroom is none of your business, Abs.

• Advertisement

you made it our business :D

you made it our business :D
    Go away you pest. Do you know how annoying you are?

Go away you pest. Do you know how annoying you are?

me a pest ? nah

Me annoying ?

[Edit]
    you get annoyed bye some one on the internet....... ha :D.....

Oh its of no business of mine.. re-read the post, and go again..

Oh its of no business of mine.. re-read the post, and go again..
    Sorry too drunk to cop on....

Can you explain?

Sorry too drunk to cop on....

Can you explain?
    Its all a pile of bolli1xing generalisations Kiers. Excuse me if I don't get the nix in a knot over it.. meh.

Its all a pile of bolli1xing generalisations Kiers. Excuse me if I don't get the nix in a knot over it.. meh.
    Ah! Ok I get it now. Cúnty fúck fúck?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 RatedGNR

Nah its fine! aslong as its just the usual fúck, shít, bastard etc, :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Most people here seem to be of the opinion that sweat words are ONLY words.

Yet when I type in fcuk (when I spell it correctly) into my post - it comes out as ****. I most try cnut (when I spell correctly) now and see what happens. Going to try a few now..

Wanker
    Dickhead
    Bollocks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

<Ollie> wrote: »
    Most people here seem to be of the opinion that sweat words are ONLY words.

Yet when I type in fcuk (when I spell it correctly) into my post - it comes out as ****. I most try cnut (when I spell correctly) now and see what happens. Going to try a few now..

Wanker
    Dickhead
    Bollocks

Cnut is the only word of the four above that didn't work. So fcuk and cnut are bad words on boards but wanker, dickhead and bollocks are all ok words.

• Advertisement

<Ollie> wrote: »
    Cnut is the only word of the four above that didn't work. So fcuk and cnut are bad words on boards but wanker, dickhead and bollocks are all ok words.

Nah, not ok. Essential ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

cop on O.P
    bet u feel like a moany old bitch now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Ok I know I'll get slated for this, but I think it's very unladylike to swear. I do it around certain friends only because we like to act like lads for the laugh sometimes and really overdo it though. I don't throw it in to my every day speech, and rarely do it around my boyfriend. I only really swear if I hurt myself or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

What is this, the 1950s?
    I swear like a sailor, it's not big or clever, I know better, but I do it all the same...most everyone I know does too, be they male or female. I'd certainly never think any different of a woman for swearing, although repeated agressive swearing and general bitchiness can be a little unattractive after a while.
    I'd be far more worried by someone (be they male or female) that managed to get through the day without uttering something swear-like tbh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Red_Marauder

Terry wrote: »
    I don't even know why I'm entertaining this complete and utter crap (why can't I say bollox instead of crap?), but go ahead and tell me why it's more unfortunate when it's a good looking woman.
    For the same reason that if a pretty girl turned around and had a baby growing out of the side of her head, you'd think it were a pity. Swearing in girls is unattractive to me (not everybody) because it's rude. If a girl (or anyone ftm) ate with her hands and burped during dinner, this would also be rude and unattractive.
    cop on O.P
    bet u feel like a moany old bitch now.
    No, not at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

I swear alot :o cant help myself, I really really hate doing it, because I do think its un-ladylike and gives out a wrong first impression of me.

In text I replace fuck with fooook but not in talking...cant help it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

I swear perhaps 4 or 5 times a year - profanities are to be used in extreme cases, to cause extreme shock or to convey your extreme angry/hurt etc. Otherwise the word loses its meaning.

For example if I insert "happy" randomly into every sentence I say - well happy would soon lose its meaning. I mean for happy sake, it's just a happying word you happying know?

I don't think it is intelligent to swear all the time (for either sex). Expand your volcabulary and leave the "dirty" words for when you want to cause offence (or dirty bedroom talk).

My friends know if I am swearing then I am *really* serious about what I'm saying. Having said that I don't really get angry either - 4-5 times in the last year I think, it's not worth it :)

So I would agree with the OP - except that I would include males into that equation too. Where's the good old "you sir, are an imbecile of the highest order"?

edit: or agree that the taboo words are no longer taboo and release them into general use. You'd need to think of new taboo words though - may I suggest quop?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

It all depends on what she is doing or where she is sitting when she swears. For example if she is sitting down to tea with my mother, not a good time. If she is in the bedroom. Not a bad time! :D If I have just left the toilet seat up! Get a dog baby!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I think it's one of the sexiest qualities in a woman.

+1... As soon as I heard my current GF utter the words "cvnty chops!"*, I knew she was a keeper!

* with a 'u' instead of the 'v', obviously... Would be an amusing speech impedement though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

A man does it, it's ok, but a girl doing it isn't?

Very unfair and sexist, imo, different standards and all that.

My gf curses plenty and I don't have a problem with it. However, I don't have a problem with people cursing in general.

Advertisement