Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girls who swear

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Red_Marauder

5318008! wrote: »
    No the point is to make people think trinity students are uptight and self-righteous :D.
    No, I don't go there. I merely mentioned a location because its in the centre of town and quite busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

A man does it, it's ok, but a girl doing it isn't?

yeah, you know, just like rape. when a man does it he is put away for years but when a woman does it everybody just laughs.

http://leticiatrigo.blogspot.com/2009/04/todays-news-hair-dresser-rapes-thief.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Cursing is fine when it's used appropriately.
    Such as when it's used as a statement of surprise, dismay, etc, i.e "Well Holy Shlt", "Fúcking hell", etc.
    It's also ok when it's used to emphasise something, i.e. "No fúcking way", "GTFO", etc.
    Time and a place and all that.

There's nothing wrong with girl's cursing per se, it is a turn off though when the level of cursing is excessive.
    If I met a girl and took her out somewhere I don't want to be sitting there listening to a string of expletives all night.
    Excessive cursing is crude and it doesn't say much about them TBH.
    But say for example she drops her knife and exclaims 'shlt' then that's funny and what would be wrong with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

I don't curse, or at least I rarely do. It doesn't mean I'm prissy, or that I'm easily shocked, or that I can't express myself adequately.

I've no objection to others swearing if they want to, but I do think that using curses for emphasis doesn't work if swearing is a constant in someones speech.

I personally just don't like the sound of the words, I especially dislike how they sound when I say them, but I wouldn't dictate how others express themselves.

The assumption that people are 'afraid' of what are 'only words', is annoying, as I have no disgust or fear of them, its simply my preference to not use them. I also think that too often they're used as a sort of overused shorthand, when language is full of many other descriptive words that can be employed to express emotions or situations.

Advertisement